CHAPTER 39

Qu Zhitao is also worried that no matter who is involved in the accident, it is a young soldier, which makes people feel uncomfortable.

Liao Jilin came back in the middle of the night, followed by Zhong Hailei and Liang Ning. The three of them had snowy faces and tired faces.

Qu Zhitao and Liu's mother finally coaxed Ruirui to sleep, but she didn't go to bed and asked Liu's mother to accompany Ruirui. She sat in the living room and waited.

As the night went on, she couldn't help but doze off, but she didn't fall asleep deeply. She woke up whenever there was movement at the door.

Qu Zhitao sat up straight and looked towards the door. Seeing that it was Liao Jilin and the others who were coming back, she breathed a sigh of relief, got up and walked over and asked, "Who is injured? Is it serious?"

Now that Zhong Hailei is back, he is fine, but someone else is injured.

Liao Jilin hung up his clothes and said: "A little soldier accidentally slipped down a slope and injured his arm. He is fine. His arm will be healed after it recovers."

Qu Zhitao breathed a sigh of relief and said to Liang Ning: "Ruirui is sleeping in Aunt Liu's house. Come in with me."

She didn't go to bed. She and Liu's mother were worried about Ruirui sleeping alone, so Liu's mother stayed with him.

Liu's mother was surprised. She had already gotten up and put on her clothes when the two of them entered. When she saw Liang Ning, she smiled and said, "I guess you are back. Ruirui's clothes are here."

Liang Ning woke up Ruirui. When he saw his mother, he almost cried again, but Liang Ning coaxed him away.

Liang Ning and Zhong Hailei were very grateful to Qu Zhitao for taking care of Ruirui. Qu Zhitao waved his hand and said indifferently: "Ruirui is very obedient. It's getting late. Please don't thank me. Go back to sleep."

After sending Liang Ning and Zhong Hailei away, Qu Zhitao carried a pot of hot water into the bathroom and asked Liao Jilin to wash up. She stood aside and watched.

"How did they go up the mountain today? Have the wolves been driven away?"

After brushing his teeth, Liao Jilin washed his face and said, "It's not that easy. We have to go up the mountain tomorrow."

With such heavy snow, Qu Zhitao frowned: "It's too hard."

She handed over the towel, and Liao Jilin wiped it randomly a few times, and said in a accustomed tone: "Someone has to go, otherwise the nearby villagers will be in danger."

Seeing that he was going to the bedroom, Qu Zhitao pulled him and said, "Wash your feet."

"forget."

He poured hot water into the washbasin, and Qu Zhitao accompanied him.

After washing up and lying on the bed, Qu Zhitao rested her head on his arm and sighed: "I admire you soldiers very much, but I feel bad for you when you are a soldier. If you weren't still recovering from your injuries, you would be the one who went up the mountain, right?"

"Um."

Liao Jilin rubbed her head: "Actually, it's okay. I don't feel hard at all."

"But dangerous."

After saying this, Qu Zhitao and Liao Jilin fell silent.

Qu Zhitao knew that this was his dream. He would not retire from the army, and she would not persuade him because she was worried.

Liao Jilin, on the other hand, didn't know what to say. He could only sigh and took Qu Zhitao into his arms: "Actually, we don't go on many missions. Don't worry, just go to sleep."