CHAPTER 16

With the light on at night, Qu Zhitao sat at the table and didn't write a word.

He said he didn't care in his heart, but how could he not care.

She sighed, held her face in her hands and muttered to herself: "Qu Zhitao, Qu Zhitao, why are you so unsure? Why are you so captured by Liao Jilin's beauty?"

"But he is so good-looking and treats me so well. It's so normal for me to fall in love with him. It's human nature. I won't be tempted by anyone."

Qu Zhitao patted the table: "It's not good to be good-looking, it's easy to attract bees and butterflies."

"But, it's not something he can control. You can't have your cake and eat it too!"

"What can't you have both?"

Qu Zhitao was startled and quickly turned around: "When did you come back?"

She stood up and ran over. Liao Jilin asked her to stand outside: "I'm dirty, so don't come over."

Qu Zhitao was unhappy herself, and she became even more unhappy after hearing these words.

"Why, are you tired of me being near you now?"

"You're talking nonsense again."

Liao Jilin entered the bathroom and took off his clothes one by one. Qu Zhitao didn't dare to look at it before, but now she endured her shyness and watched him take off his clothes until he was just a pair of underwear.

Liao Jilin stopped and turned to look at her with a half-smile: "You want to take a bath with me? It's not impossible."

"Who wants to take a shower with you, you bastard!"

Qu Zhitao slammed the door with a bang. Liao Jilin's low laughter came from the bathroom, making Qu Zhitao pound the table: "Why is Liao Jilin so annoying!"

But when Liao Jilin came out, Qu Zhitao still prepared the food and asked him to eat quickly.

"It's not good to eat too much at night. Just eat some noodles. It's easy to digest."

Liao Jilin pulled her over and kissed her on the cheek: "You're so good."

Qu Zhitao pushed him: "Go and eat quickly. I'll ask you something later."

She didn't see how beautiful the smile on her face was.

Liao Jilin finished eating a bowl of noodles in just a few minutes.

"Is it enough? If it's not enough, I'll give you some more."

"No, what do you want to ask me?"

Liao Jilin took the bowl to the kitchen and washed the pot along with it.

Qu Zhitao leaned against the kitchen door frame, looking at his back washing dishes in the sink, and asked seemingly casually: "Do you know Tian Huan?"

This was Liang Ning's name that Qu Zhitao asked about when she came back from the shower.

"who?"

Liao Jilin's voice didn't sound fake, he seemed to really not know the name.

"The dancers in the art troupe, I heard they are the mainstay of the dance."

"I don't know." Liao Jilin put down the bowl and came out, taking the towel in her hand and wiping his hands: "Why do you ask me this suddenly? I don't know anyone in the art troupe, I'm not familiar with them, and I have no contact with my work."

Qu Zhitao finally smiled happily this time and jumped on him. Liao Jilin quickly caught her.

She put her arms around his neck, shook her head and said, "No, I just bumped into him today. I wonder if you know him, but do he know you?"