CHAPTER 91 TO 100

Chapter 91: Once the Kitchen Knife Is Drawn, All Beasts Shall Submit

Within the valley shrouded with spirit energy, whitish waves of water produced thunderous noise as the water descended from above the cliff and resulted in water vapor scattering in all directions.

Not far from the waterfall, Bu Fang and the other two were alertly scanning their surroundings.

A series of soft bestial howls rang out as spirit beasts emerged from the area around the valley one after another while releasing a surge of spirit energy. A macabre atmosphere pervaded the entire valley. Within the herd of bestial figures, there was at least a few hundred spirit beasts.

Tang Yin's complexion had become extremely pale. As his gaze swept over the bestial figures, his eyes were filled with despair.

He did not think… He really did not think that the temptation of the Phoenix Blood Herb would be so great that the spirit energy released when it was about to mature would actually attract so many spirit beasts.

There was a disparity in the strength of the spirit beasts. They were mostly fifth grade spirit beasts, but there were over a dozen sixth grade spirit beasts among them as well. With this kind of line-up, Tang Yin would not be able to survive even if there were ten of him.

"Se… Second brother… Why is this happening? Why are there so many spirit beasts? I… I don't want to die here!" As Lu Xiaoxiao's large eyes swept across these spirit beasts, both of her legs suddenly started to tremble.

If she knew there were so many spirit beasts hiding within the Valley of the Fallen Phoenix… She would never have come!

On the other hand, there was not much change in Bu Fang's expression. He only slightly frowned as he scanned the surrounding spirit beasts in astonishment.

"The Phoenix Blood Herb is filled with a dense amount of spirit energy and has a huge enhancement effect to the evolution of the spirit beasts. Therefore, its attractiveness to the spirit beasts is tremendous," Tang Yin solemnly said as his gaze landed on Bu Fang.

"Senior. If you manage to escape, I hope you would bring the news about our deaths back to our sect." Tang Yin had fallen into despair and his voice was filled with helplessness.

Lu Xiaoxiao was already lying limply on the ground while crying like a pearblossom moistened by raindrops[1]. She really regretted her reckless decision to enter the valley. Suddenly, Lu Xiaoxiao seemed to have recalled something. She looked toward Bu Fang with hope in her eyes while still sobbing.

"Senior… With your capabilities, you must have a way of saving us, right?"

"Don't you guys want the Phoenix Blood Herb as well?" Bu Fang asked as he indifferently looked at Lu Xiaoxiao.

Lu Xiaoxiao's expression immediately stiffened as she blankly stared at Bu Fang. She watched as a wisp of green smoke emerged from Bu Fang's hand and that unassuming kitchen knife appeared in his hand.

"Don't take me for a fool. You were trying to use me from the beginning. It's true that there are spirit beasts here, but you only wanted to make use of me to get rid of them. Then, it would be easier for you to acquire that Phoenix Blood Herb, right?"

The corners of Bu Fang's mouth widened and revealed a mocking smile as he looked toward the bewildered Lu Xiaoxiao.

When Tang Yin heard Bu Fang's words, he suddenly sighed. He realized that Bu Fang had figured out their intent from the beginning. However, Bu Fang might not have minded earlier on since his objective was capturing the spirit beasts as ingredients. However, at the current moment, they had already fallen into a crisis. In this sort of situation, Bu Fang had no reason to be courteous any longer.

Gourmet Of Another WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara