CHAPTER 371 TO 380

Chapter 371: The Woman's Got Guts and Duan Ling Got His Breakthrough

Splash Splash Splash.

A blood colored jade talisman slipped into Duan Ling's body and was instantly absorbed within, vanishing into thin air.

The High Priestess, hovering in the air, suddenly widened the pair of eyes hidden behind her mask. Then, three blood-colored jade talisman floated between her slender fingers. She had spent quite some time on arranging this jade talismans. It supplied her with a rich source of spirit energy.

She vigorously crushed the three jade talismans in her hand. Tempestuous waves of energy instantly rushed out.

The moment these jade talismans were flattened, the High Priestess' sigh echoed in the air.

The gaze that the High Priestess sent Duan Ling's way was convoluted. She was a Magic Array Supreme-Being. Her knowledge of divination practices and magic arrays were not any lesser than that of the Celestial Arcanum Sect Supreme Elder.

Her mastery of divination was more advanced than any of the inheritances of such practices in the Southern Region.

When the Heaven and Earth Obsidian Flames were swallowed by Bu Fang, the High Priestess instantly detected the changes in Duan Ling's fate. She foretold that he would encounter a great catastrophe in his lifetime.

If he couldn't evade it, he would easily perish.

Ever since leaving the Hundred Thousand Mountains, she had begun making meticulous arrangements just to help Duan Ling dodge this fated disaster.

Yet, the occurrences of today proved all of her presumptions correct.

Within the Light Wind Empire that they dismissed all along, such a formidable presence was hidden.

Duan Ling, half a step into the Divine realm, was no match for that spirit beast.

The High Priestess saw that Duan Ling's body was about to be shattered by the doggy paw and her eyelids fluttered. She clutched a stamp in her hands and activated the blood-colored magic array floating in front of her.

Outside the Imperial City.

Everyone in Ji Chengyu's army felt their hearts thud the moment this magic array was activated. Ji Chengyu felt dizzy, as everything before his eyes became hazy…

"What is going on?!" Ji Chengyu exclaimed in shock. He tried to suppress the lightheadedness and glanced at his surroundings. He caught sight of his troops all slouched onto the floor, downcast and dispirited. Blood-colored beams flashed by one after another. Contorted silhouettes were dragged out of the soldiers' bodies, all floating toward the graceful figure hovering high up in the sky.

This demonic lady!

Ji Chengyu's heart was filled with abhorrence!

He watched as his soldiers fell to the floor, and his heart was bleeding. These were his troops, his only hope! He glared at the High Priestess floated in the air, his eyes filled with loathing and hostility. Ji Chengyu finally understood why the High Priestess ordered for them to besiege the city. This turned out to be a dirty trap.

Whether or not they showed up to attack the city made little difference. The High Priestess only lured them here to suck out the spiritual essences of its tens of thousands of soldiers!

Ji Chengyu had a seventh grade cultivation level. Even though he was affected by the magic array, there was a strong enough force of resistance within his body to block the suction of this magic array. This was why he only felt somewhat woozy.