CHAPTER 251 TO 260

Chapter 251: Monster of the Dragon River

Outside the Southern City, spring showers drizzled down.

The sun that hung in the sky radiated like a big ball of fire, emanating an irritating amount of heat. On the banks of the Dragon River, there remained many people fishing quietly. They held their breaths as they sat there, waiting for a plump fish swimming in the stream to bite the bait.

Upon the Dragon River sat fishing boats afloat. Some folks sat cross-legged on the boats, completely at ease. Others cast their fishing nets into the water to capture the fleshy fishes of the Dragon River.

At the Ten-Mile Pavilion of the Southern City.

A row of men in black sauntered in. They wore veils and bamboo hats that fully concealed their faces, so nobody could easily recognize them. But the energy their bodies emitted was both sinister and frightening.

Many folks resting in the Ten-Mile Pavilion knitted their brows and kept their distance when they saw these men. Indeed, these men in black gave others quite an unpleasant feeling.

"The Southern City is right ahead of us. The river that envelops the city is the Dragon River." A hoarse voice rang in the air, stopping the steps of this squad of men.

"The Dragon River? Haha… it's time to make it a genuine river of dragon." Another raspy voice echoed in everyone's ears, prompting squeals of laughters with his remark.

This crew of men continued walking along the road until they hit the Dragon River. Sensing the surging flow of water, these men felt a trace of excitement smear across their concealed faces.

"Xiao Meng's daughter is currently in the city, right? I wonder whether Xiao Meng would rush to the Southern City if he knew his daughter was in danger?"

"Xiao Meng is the great general who guards the Imperial City. He would not leave there easily for the Southern City… but no matter what, our plan must go on." The scratchy voice chuckled.

They said no more and proceeded to summoning the true energy within their bodies. Dark mystifying magic arrays appeared in their hands, within which peculiar energies fluctuated.

"Into the water."

One of the five men burst out a shout. Then, all five marched forward and miraculously stepped onto the water without sinking in. In other words, they were floating on the surface of the river.

They ferociously dipped their palms, which were wrapped by dark magic arrays, into the river stream.

Buzz…

Strange waves of fluctuation spread outwards, until the entire surface of the river was covered by such ripples.

Those fishing fluttered open their eyelids, revealing a trace of confusion in their gazes.

The fishing boats also shook ever so slightly, prompting the fishermen to raise their heads up in alarm. Yet, after a look around, they found nothing unusual.

The five-men squad took their hands out of the river, sniggered with low voices, and backed onto the shore. The magic arrays in their hands had already disappeared. Then, the five merely stared blankly at the Dragon River.

Rays of sunlight pierced through the sky. Watching from a higher plain, one could notice that below the Dragon River… a gigantic shadow was vaguely emerging.

  …

Bu Fang stared at the steaming hot Dragon River Vinegar Fish before him, his eyes sparkling slightly.