CHAPTER 281 TO 290

Chapter 281: So I Can't Even Strike Back?

The mansion opened up a whole new world. As it turned out, they had only just entered the gate to the entrance, within which was a large drill ground. There were numerous armored soldiers training hard and dripping with sweat inside.

"You see, that's the drill ground of the Western Mystery Army. Whoever is allowed to train there belongs to the real crack division. One must pass high-bar tests before joining it and most people have very little chance of succeeding." Chief Liu walked ahead of Bu Fang, hands behind his back. He held his head high as he announced proudly.

Bu Fang cast a blank look at the soldiers in that field. These soldiers had decent degrees of cultivation. Most of them were about the level of third grade Battle-Maniac, therefore rightfully considered as the essential part of the Western Mystery Army.

Nonetheless, Bu Fang had no interest in this whatsoever. His goal was to join the Cooks' Army Unit and become a military chef. What he cared about most right now was completing the task as soon as possible and then obtaining the last fragment of the God of Cooking set.

As someone who owned the Golden Dragon Bone Kitchen Knife, Bu Fang knew perfectly well how powerful was this God of Cooking set. Therefore, he held high expectations about the second item of the cooking set. If anything, this item would definitely advance his cooking skills tremendously, enabling him to make more delicious dishes.

Immersed in his own thoughts, Bu Fang became rather absent-minded. For a moment there, he didn't hear a thing Chief Liu just said.

He trailed behind Chief Liu and found himself walking for a long time. They eventually passed by the drill ground and arrived at a remote location in the mansion. This particular site was quite a mess, with tiny pieces of crushed stones scattered all over the ground.

Chief Liu, on the other hand, came to a halt. He turned around and peered at Bu Fang with a guile smile.

Bu Fang was caught by surprise. Why did the man suddenly stop?

He knitted his brows, scanning the desolate surrounding and the pavement full of crushed rocks. This was evidently not the army's registration center.

This Chief Liu… was up to no good.

A flurry of footsteps echoed in the air as a commotion suddenly stirred up. A swarm of roguish young men suddenly appeared behind Bu Fang.

These dark-skinned young lads stared at Bu Fang with mischievous looks.

"Hey, Chief Liu, you've got another idiot who wants to join the Western Mystery Army."

"Huh, look at his fine skin. He looks like the young master of some wealthy family."

"A spoiled young master from a rich family is perfect. He must have a lot of money on him. We may earn a lot this round!"

Noisy chatters rang in this seemingly discarded corner and reverberated through the air in a frightening sense.

Whitey, who had followed Bu Fang, raised its chubby palms and touched its bald head, with its robotic eyes flickering red.

Chief Liu curled his lips and narrowed his eyes at Bu Fang. He found a large stone, parted his legs and sat down, peering at Bu Fang calmly.

"Young man, it's not difficult to join the army. Just don't ever think you can rely on special privileges. Our Western Mystery Army is a genuine troop that does the real thing—slaughtering enemies and fighting for our lives on the battlefields. A spoiled young master like you can never bear such hardships. I am doing this for your own sake." Chief Liu threw a taunting look at Bu Fang.