CHAPTER 201 TO 210

Chapter 201: Last Night I Might Have… Gotten Drunk

In the dark of the night, two crescent moons intertwined and fulfilled each other, emitting a brilliant glow. Thousands of stars shone near the crescent moons.

The brightness of the crescent moons spilled down, as if masking the earth with a gossamer veil.

Imperial City, in a luxurious mansion.

Zhao Musheng stood in the courtyard, with a cloak of moonlight draped over his shoulders. With a gentle complexion and kind eyes, he peered at the serpent girl within the courtyard, who looked back at him timidly.

"You said you came to the Imperial City in search of Owner Bu?" Zhao Musheng's eyes squinted into a wink, giving him a mild, benevolent countenance. His body emitted a golden layer of gleam, which momentarily helped ease Yu Fu's sense of unrest.

"Yes…" Yu Fu's serpent tail swayed, and her entire body slightly shrank back.

Zhao Musheng suddenly curled the corners of his lips and enhanced the compassionate, tender look on his face, "Don't be afraid. Owner Bu and I are quite close, perhaps… I can take you to him."

Yu Fu was taken back, but her beautiful eyes suddenly lit up. She was unfamiliar with the Imperial City, and did not even know where was this store Bu Fang had mentioned… If the human before her eyes was speaking the truth, then it would be such a relief.

If she could find Owner Bu, her father could be cured.

"The serpent-men's tribe is located in the Illusory Spirit Swamp, right? That is quite far from here. You trekked over a great distance and came all the way to the Imperial City just to find Owner Bu. What for?" Zhao Musheng asked.

Yu Fu's heart shivered as she looked at him in alarm.

Her sharp vigilance prompted Zhao Musheng's complexion to slightly freeze. His eyes became gradually colder, and the layer of soft golden glow on his body, as well as the warmheartedness, had all evaporated into thin air.

Zhao Musheng's eyes dimmed, as if a queer glow circulated beneath his eyes. With that, Yu Fu zoned out and involuntarily spilled out everything…

"Someone come, take the serpent-woman down, and guard her well… Who would have thought that this serpent-woman has actually had contact with Bu Fang. What a pleasant surprise," Zhao Musheng said coolly, after which a couple of shadows dashed into the mansion, dragged down the serpent-woman Yu Fu, and locked her up.

Serpent-men were very rare in the Light Wind Empire. Zhao Musheng originally took in the three serpent-men purely out of curiosity. Little did he know that he could end up gaining extra information on Bu Fang.

Bu Fang had associations with the serpent-men? Could it be that Bu Fang came from the Illusory Spirit Swamp himself?

"The enigmatic White Cloud Villa is the only powerful force in the Illusory Spirit Swamp… could it be that Bu Fang is a disciple of the White Cloud Villa? But if that is the case, why would he come open a restaurant in the Imperial City?" Zhao Musheng instantly sank into deep thoughts.

Among the ten greatest sects, the Mahayana Island was the most powerful sect, only next to the Wuliang Mountain's Celestial Arcanum Sect, and so he knew plenty of secrets himself. The White Cloud Villa was a mysterious force of power, and only the equally secretive Celestial Aracanum Sect could compare with it…

With hands behind his back, Zhao Musheng walked around the mansion immersed in meditation for a long time. Finally, his lips curled up.

He clicked his fingers, and a shadow swiftly emerged from the darkness.