10

Chapter 10 The third to last day of the end

As the sun sets, Anning Community becomes lively, with people walking dogs, taking children to play, and some going to work.

Some companies that cannot work from home have changed their working hours to evenings. Now everyone's work and rest are disordered. Some people wake up during the day and some wake up at night.

The streets began to become lively, shops opened one after another, and the street lights lit up like daylight.

Some people who read the doomsday talk on the Internet have started to stock up, causing prices in Anning City to start to rise. In the past, 10 kilograms of Northeast rice could be bought for 40, but now it can be bought for 100, and the supply is still in short supply.

Major shopping malls have begun to clear inventory, seize the time to stock up, and try their best to fill all the shelves.

Zhang Hong, who was out shopping, started to panic when she saw people on the street carrying large and small bags of things to their homes.

People's herd mentality is very strong. When there are only one or two people around you who speak out, you can still stick to your own opinions. But when most people around you start to do something, if you don't do it, you feel abandoned. I was isolated, and felt very uneasy inside.

Zhang Hong is Du Ping's mother, the old woman who accused her daughter-in-law Lou Xi at the door on the first floor during the day.

When Lou Xi was dragged home by Du Ping during the day, Zhang Hong was still feeling complacent. He had spent all his time raising his son from a small mountain village, and now he could enjoy the blessings.

But now Zhang Hong doesn't think so anymore. At least half of the people on the street have all kinds of supplies in their hands. The best sellers are rice and noodles. They are not only full, but also easy to store.

He took out his mobile phone from his pocket and called his son. Zhang Hong was old and didn't know how to use electronic payments. He didn't carry much money in his pocket when he went out, so he couldn't buy many things.

"My dear, stop being busy now and come out and buy something with me."

"What's wrong, Mom? Didn't you say these were all lies? Why did you believe it yourself?"

"I just went out shopping, and people on the street were all carrying large and small bags to take things home. I thought, what if this is true?"

Du Ping didn't listen. He was currently processing some company files, and he was overwhelmed by the files one after another in his mailbox.

"Mom, don't be deceived by those people. Do you remember the salt hoarding a few years ago? I bought such expensive salt at home and haven't finished it yet. Don't listen to the wind and it will rain. I'm busy right now. Hang up first."

"Dudu——"

Before Zhang Hong could say the next sentence, the phone was cut off.

However, Zhang Hong felt that what his son said made sense. He had blindly followed the trend and bought a lot of things in the past few years, but every time it was a false alarm.

Putting the phone back in his pocket, Zhang Hong stopped buying anything and continued to wander, trusting his son's judgment. He was a technical talent in the company and his IQ was not something to be boasted about.

Shiyu hadn't done anything since he ate melon in the morning. He was originally going to take a lunch break, but when he opened his eyes, it was already night.