40

Chapter 40 Kidnapping

Seven people stood at the door of the jewelry exchange. It must be said that the defense of this place is really powerful.

After being hit by so many hailstorms and strong winds, the glass windows were still intact. Dong Jiang touched the windows. They should be bulletproof glass. It would be great if they could be dismantled and used at home, so there would be no need to worry about hailstorms coming again.

The jewelry exchange has three floors. With Dong Jiang's strength, there is no chance to come here. Although it is a property in the highest-end community, the income is limited after all.

When buying jewelry or something, you can just pick it up at the mall.

Several people looked around.

The protection here is too strong, there is no breakthrough at all, the door is locked, all the windows are in good condition, and there are no tools to break the windows.

I wanted to climb upstairs to have a look, but everyone rummaged through their bags, but they couldn't find a rope.

Several people stared at each other and couldn't think of a solution for a long time.

Dong Jiang did not give up and walked around the jewelry exchange several times by himself. He looked carefully with a flashlight. There were scratches on it. Someone must have tried to get in, but failed.

I really couldn't find a breakthrough, so I had to give up. I didn't expect that the first time I went out to search for something would end like this.

Dong Jiang took out a cigarette, which he bought from Shiyu's supermarket.

I lit a cigarette and sat melancholy at the foot of the steps.

After extinguishing a cigarette, Dong Jiang stood up. If he failed, he would fail. At least he would have gained experience.

"Let's go back today and look at the surrounding map. We'll come out tomorrow."

"Today can be considered as gaining experience."

The other six people didn't know what to say. The few young men had no backbone and could only follow Dong Jiang back.

Some people in the community are cleaning up the streets, some are having fun at their temporary residence, and those whose families have sent people out to look for supplies are waiting anxiously.

The streets in the community have been almost tidied up. Before Dong Jiang set off, he arranged for some people to collect the trees that fell on the roadside in the community.

All the trees were placed in the building where the neighborhood committee is located in case of emergencies.

Several families in Dongjiang looked outside on the first floor. There is no internet or signal now. Unlike before, when they were worried, they could just make a phone call. Now they can only wait.

All night long, until dawn, the seven people who went out did not come back.

People from seven families lost their way and rushed directly to Shiyu on the sixth floor. Mayor Shi was now their only hope.

Just as Shiyu was about to take a rest, as soon as the elevator door opened, a large number of people gathered around him.

"Mayor Shi, our son went out to look for something yesterday, and he hasn't come back yet!"

"Mayor Shi, my husband also agreed to come back before dawn. We waited all night, and now it's already dawn, and there's not even a soul in sight!"

"Mayor Shi, will nothing happen to them? If anything happens to them, I won't be able to live either!"