CHAPTER 3 - Adios England

Next day London:

It was 5:00 pm and the murthy family had to leave for the airport in an hour. Shreya was checking if all their important items were packed. They had decided not to completely empty the house as they would come to stay here for the holidays. Nandini was in her room since morning with Zara and Emily. They were helping her pack and recalling their childhood memories.

N: Em, Zee, I'm gonna miss you two sooo much.

Em: Same here babe... Why do all my close friends have to leave? First Ally and Aru left and now you.
Emily started to sulk.

Z: Yeah Nans.... Em is right! Make sure you stay in touch though unlike Ally and Aru.... I wonder where they are.

N: Guys don't worry! Of course I'll stay in touch! And as far as Ally and Aru are concerned... We were all very young then and we didn't have access to technology. Therefore, we couldn't keep in touch. I miss them a lot and I hope we find our 2 superstars and our group will be complete- Les shining superstars (A/N les means the in French 😄)

On hearing the last sentence, all three burst into laughter.

Z: LOL!! Those were the days though.... We were the best in our primary school... Everyone looked up to us.... Les shining superstars are probably the best music band Newton school has had.

Em: Yup... The five of us were the best! Until Ally and Aru had to move.

N: Guys! Stop being so depressing now... I'm leaving in an hour....help me to choose an outfit.
After rejecting a lot of clothes... Nandini finally decided on an outfit! It was perfect for travelling. She wore skinny jeans with a black tee which read Miss Perfect! And she layered this with a grey stripy shawl. Although, she did not want to curl her hair.... Emily and Zara forced her to curl them so she did. Her perfectly curled brown hair complimented the outfit well and to give her that extra classy look.... She wore a hat. She oozed sophistication.

Z: WOW! Nandini you look damn gorgeous. Both the guys and girls won't be able to take their eyes off you.

Em: Zee.... I understand why the boys would stare at her but why would the girls stare at her as well???

Just then Rishab walked in the room.

R: because my dida is the best! The girls would be staring at her out of jealousy and curiosity! They would be staring at her because they want to be her. And sorry for not knocking di.

N: Aray.... Mera Rishu kabsay itna formal hogaya? It's fine little bro... You can come into my room whenever you like and you know that. And thank you for the beautiful compliments.
Nandini said pulling Rishab's cheeks.

R: Anytime di. By the way Mum and Dad are calling you guys downstairs. Mum has prepared some snacks and tea.

They all walked down and everyone but Nandini had tea and snacks. Nandini ate some snacks and drank her hot chocolate. It was time for the Murthy Family to leave. Arjun Murthy had organised a little get together last weekend where their families and friends came to bid good bye. Nandini had asked Zara and Emily to accompany her to the airport and they had happily agreed. After reaching the airport.... Nandini gave her 2 besties tight hugs... All 3 of them were crying their eyes out and Nandini's family also shed a few tears watching the 3 girls immense love for each other. After saying a hearty goodbye to her besties.... Nandini walked into the airport with her family. Their checking was done before hand as they were V.I.P. So as soon as they entered the airport... A guard accompanied them to their plane. They took their seats in the business class section and made themselves comfortable. The journey to India was a long one.... Nandini was both excited and nervous about this new beginning. After 8 hours they finally reached Dubai. They had to take another flight from Dubai to India. After they reached Dubai airport Arjun told Nandini to make a phone call to her Aunty.

Ar: Beta Nandu.... Ring Divyanka Aunty and tell her that we are in Dubai now.

N: Yes Dad. I'll do it right away!

Nandini started to dial a number. After a few rings the lady picked up.

D: Hello! Nandu beta. How are you my sweetheart??

N: Dee Aunty! I'm fabulous. Actually I rang to inform you that we are all in Dubai now.... We will be in India at 3:00pm.... so in the next few hours.

D: Okies beta! I won't be able to pick you up as I have a very important meeting to attend which I can't reschedule but your Bhai is definitely coming. Ok?

N: Okay.... That's fine Aunty! As long as Bhai is there.

D: Nandu he is very excited that you are coming.... Infact he hasn't told any of his friends about your arrival yet.... He wanted to surprise everyone.

N: Awhhh.... He still sounds the same. Acha Aunty I'll talk to you later... I have to board the plane now.

D: Okies! Give my greetings to your parents and Rishu.

N: Okay Aunty bye.

After Nandini put the phone down..... Her parents and Rishu looked at her with teary eyes.

Sh: Beta Nandu we'll miss you!

Ar: My princess is all grown up.

R: Dida I'll miss you loads!!!! Do you have to go?

Nandini's P.O.V

Seeing my family like this it was very hard for me to leave. We had to board separate planes from here.... I had to take the one which went to Mumbai and my family had to take the one to Delhi. I had to concentrate on my studies and my career so I had no choice but to stay in Mumbai. I really liked SPACE. Not that I didn't check any other universities in Delhi.... Of course I did! But nothing looked more appealing to me than SPACE! My parents respected my decision and therefore let me enrol in SPACE! They wanted me to stay with Dee Aunty but I said no. I wanted to be independent so after millions of requests dad finally agreed to let me live on my own. He's arranged for an apartment near Bhai's house so Bhai and Dee Aunty can keep an eye on me. I bid goodbye to my family and boarded my plane. I felt nervous because I knew I had to start a new beginning without my family and friends being on my side all the time. Wait! What am I saying? I have Bhai... Dee Aunty and I'm sure I'll make some more nice friends. I closed my eyes as the plane started to take off.... My new journey had started! I was damn excited and nervous about it.

A/N: Third chapter done! Once again let me know what you guys think so far! I know there's no Manan scenes yet but don't worry.... They'll soon meet! 😉
Lots of lovexxx