Chapter 86 - Letting it all out!

I drove to my place whilst Manik came in his own car. As I pulled up on my driveway, I saw him waiting patiently outside the door. I parked my car, grabbed my things, locked the car, and walked towards him.

"Took you long enough!" He said irritatedly. Now normally I would've answered back to him. I would've said, "atleast I follow the traffic rules", or I would've blamed the Mumbai traffic but today, I chose not to argue back. His anger knew no bounds. I did not want to irritate him more than he already was.

"You had the keys, you could've just gone inside!" I said as I unlocked the door and proceeded to walk inside.

"I don't just walk into strangers house without their permission!" He said blankly as he followed me inside.

"Stranger? Really?" I said in a hurtful tone! How could he just call me a stranger?

"Well I'm not wrong! I feel like I don't know you anymore. You're a different person!" He stated.

"Manik things happen which cause people to change! It's just how life is!" I said as I put my bag on the table and sat down on the sofa.

"Honestly Nandini, I don't care! I just want my answers!" He said as he sat down on the sofa opposite me.

"Actually Manik I went to London because Zara had a fall out with her boyfriend and she really needed me to be there. So I went but I didn't tell you because you would think it's a stupid reason!" I said hesitantly as I looked at the floor.

"Really? Bus itni baat thi?" He questioned.

"Haan! That's it!" I muttered.

"Who the hell are you trying to fool Nandini? I know when you're lying! So stop lying and tell me the truth! Honestly, if you lie this time I swear down I will never talk to you again!" He said angrily as he stood up from his seat and stared into my eyes.

"Manik!" I immediately shouted. How could he just say that?

"No Nandini! I mean it! I am sick and tired of being lied to! I hate how you're treating me, I hate that I'm shouting at you, I hate that I can't hug you, I can't cuddle you like before. I hate that we've changed so much. I hate that you're not doing anything to save our relationship. I'm hating every behaviour, every word of yours, but unfortunately I am not able to hate you. I can't hate you!" He said as his voice started to break and his tears made their way down. Manik, I rarely saw him cry. I have hurt him too much. He's completely broken. I walked up to him and tried to console him. My hands made their way towards his face, but he immediately jerked them off.

"Don't touch me!" He shouted.

"Manik! Manik calm down please!" I said in a soft tone.

"Calm down? Calm down? How can you tell me to calm down when all you're doing is lying to me! I want the truth Nandini, I want the truth!" He stated as he took a few steps away from me.

"Manik..." I said as I walked towards him.

"If you have ever loved me truly then I want the truth!" He said as he continued to walk away from me until he hit a wall. I walked closer towards him, and cupped his face. Once again, he pushed my hands away.

"Manik please I can't..." I said as I cupped his face again.

"Really? You can't? Fine! Then forget there ever was us! Forget Manan!" He said as he held my hand and pushed it away. He walked away from me but I gripped his hand.

"Manik! That's what I'm afraid of, no Manan!" I whispered, but there was no reaction from him. He didn't hear me, atleast I don't think he did.