Chapter 48 - Pretty Woman

All 5 of them went on the dance floor and the lights went off. Then a spotlight came on the person in the middle who spoke a few lines and I knew it was Manik straight away!

M: So this song is dedicated to the love of our lives. Yai song hamaray dil kaa haal batayega when we first met you! Hit it DJ!

Oooh! This sounds interesting! The DJ started to play the music and the boys started to dance!

Maine jise abhi abhi dekha hai
Kaun hai woh anjaani
Usse jitna dekhon utna soochon
Kya usse main keh doon
Hit it!

A lot of other boys joined them in the dance! It was starting to feel like a scene from a Bollywood movie!

Maine jise abhi abhi dekha hai
Kaun hai woh anjaani
Woh hai koi kali ya koi kiran
Ya hai koi kahani
Usse jitna dekhon utna soochon
Kya usse main keh doon
Pretty woman

They started to walk around us whilst dancing. Everyone was busy dancing with their partners... Manik took this chance to give me a quick peck on my cheeks. I opened my mouth out of shock and my cheeks turned a crimson red! He walked away to the dance floor and started dancing but not before giving me a wink!

Hey ... pretty woman
Dekho dekho na pretty woman
Pretty woman
Dekhte ho na pretty woman
Pretty woman
Tum bhi kaho na pretty woman

Ho ... maine jise abhi abhi dekha hai
Kaun hai woh anjaani
Woh hai koi kali ya koi kiran
Ya hai koi kahani
Usse jitna dekhon utna soochon
Kya usse main keh doon

The boys dragged us all to the dance floor and we all started to dance to the song!

Pretty woman
Dekho dekho na pretty woman
Pretty woman
Dekhte ho na pretty woman
Pretty woman
Tum bhi kaho na o pretty woman
Yo pretty woman

The song finally finished and we all cheered for each other! Then, we all went and took a seat as they were going to present some awards soon!

C: So guys did you like this little surprise?

Na: I absolutely loved it! Thank you Cabbu!

All except Cavya: Cabbu? Ewh!

Na: Kya? That's my new nickname for him!

Mu: Seriously Navya.... Cabbu?

Na: Haan toh!

C: Tum logo ki kya problem hai? Jab Dhruv Alya ko Aloo bulaa sakta hai, Manik Nandini ko potato, Abhi Mukti ko Mukku, Nandini Manik ko monkey... Toh phir Navya mujhe Cabbu kyun nahi bula sakti?

M: Because it sounds weird Cabbu!

C: Oye Monkey tuh toh apna mooh band hi rakh!

N: Bhai! Only I can call him monkey!

C: Choti then only Navya can call me Cabbu... When she says it the name sounds sooo cute! But when you lot say it... Lagta hai koi gahday kaa naam lai rahe ho!

M: Gadhay kaa naam Gadhay jaisa hi sound karega!

Na: Shut up now all of you! And I love you Cabbu!

C: I love you too!

After a few laughs and jokes the principal came on stage to present the awards. There were many awards to be given out that day and it was us, the prom committee, who chose the awards. Some of the awards were, best dressed male and female, most likely person to be a stand up comedian, Best Bromance, the next Einstein, most hardworking, most likely person to be a fashion designer etc. We all got atleast one award. Bhai got an award for most likely person to be a stand up comedian. Bhai and Mukti got the awards for best pranksters jodi! Bhai and Manik got an award for best bromance! No matter how much these two fight... They're not afraid to express their love for each other in public. Navya got an award for most hardworking student... She totally deserved that. Alya got an award for most likely person to be a fashion designer... Her and Dhruv also got an award for most likely couple to get married first... That was the best award for them! Rose got an award for biggest flirt of the year and she accepted it happily! Typical chipkali! I got an award for the next Eienstein and I happily accepted it! Me and Manik also got the award for best dressed couple and finally it was time for prom king and queen! The winners of the previous awards were decided by our lovely teachers but this award... It was decided by the students! After we all put our votes in... the winner was finally declared!