Chapter 54 - The stubborn lovers!

The rest of the evening had been pretty awkward. Neither me nor Manik talked to each other. It was because of us that the others were quiet too. Some were guilty as they played some part in our argument and some were quiet because they didn't want to make things worse. Me and Manik are just as stubborn as each other. Both of us are very short tempered but living with each other had made us realise that one of us needs to stay calm when the other is angry because otherwise if we both get angry together then it's no less than an erupting volcano. So I did stay calm when Manik was getting angry at me but then he threw me on the floor and that really pissed me off! So I gave him a piece of my anger too... I wasn't going to stay quiet! Oh hell no! Anyway I'm now lying in bed struggling to get to sleep. How can I sleep knowing that the love of my life is sleeping outside on a tiny sofa?! Okay I'm exaggerating. He's not exactly outside, he is in the living room where it's nice and warm. But the sofa is sooo small.... actually the sofa isn't small, he's just too big! But he won't be comfortable sleeping there. He has to sleep on a sofa in his own house because of me. Wait I didn't force him to sleep outside... Nandini just stop with these thoughts and get to sleep. I closed my eyes once again only to be opened by a loud banging noise! Shit! What the hell was that?

N: Aiyappa what's going on? Nandini stop being scared... it's probably the wind outside! Oh how I wish Manik was here, he would never let me get scared.

I looked towards the place where the noise came from and what I saw next made me jump. There was a tall figure walking towards me slowly. Who is he?

N: kkkk...kkk...kon ho tum? What are you doing here? Please go! Manik! Manik! Please save me!

I was in tears by now... yes I live on my own but things like this still really creep me out! I hid under my duvet and there was complete silence. The few seconds silence was abruptly broken by a laughter. A very similar laughter! I turned on my bedside lamp and I guessed it right! Manik! That idiot!

N: What the hell Monkey? Why would you scare me like that?

M: Oh hello! I came to grab my charger but you started getting scared so I thought why not keep the suspense for a little longer.

N: Whatever! Now get out.... please!

M: Acha and what was all that you said before? Manik please save me! I wish Manik was here.

N: Haan toh I was scared that's why. Ab I'm not so go!

M: Okay okay I'm going. Mere hi room mai sai mujhe nikaal rahe hai sab. On a serious note if you need anything or you get scared just give me a shout.... I'll come!

N: Itni care karte ho toh phir kyun choraa mujhe? Galti hui hai mujhse and I apologised but you just let go of me like that.... it didn't hurt me that much physically Manik but emotionally it did... how could you hurt me intentionally? I trust you then how could you?

M: I trust you too. I trust you enough to not play stupid pranks with me!

N: But you play stupid pranks with me all the time!

M: They don't involve me pretending to get hurt to win a stupid game... do you even know how worried I was?

N: I know... I knew you would get really worried! Everyone knows that and hence they took advantage of that. I did say no to them... I honestly did but they continued anyway.

He just ignored me and walked away! Aiyappa what do I do to convince this guy? I got out of my bed to go and speak to him but when I got into the living room I saw him fast asleep. This guy is unbelievable! It doesn't take him long to get to sleep. And he's so careless.... he's sleeping without a blanket! I went into my room and grabbed a warm blanket to put over him. I gently placed the blanket over him and was about to leave when I felt a sudden pull on my hand. I turned around to see Manik holding my hand. I sat down on the floor beside him and caressed his hair. I love this guy way too much. I gently placed a kiss on his forehead and decided to go and sleep in the room. I tried to slowly pull my hand away but his grip on me was just getting tighter and tighter. All of a sudden he pulled me and I fell on the sofa next to him. Half of my body on his. The sofa wasn't long enough but it was definitely wide enough for two people. My head was resting on his chest and I decided to stay like that. This was much needed.