Chapter 68 - Drama, Drama and more Drama!

"I love Nandini but that does not mean that I want to get married to her." Those words kept ringing in my head. Will Manik never marry me? Of course he's not playing with my feelings! He is just as serious about this relationship as I am. I would be lying if I said I've never thought about getting married to Manik. Of course I have! Any girl in a serious relationship will. But yes now is definitely not the time to be getting married. Maybe Manik just said it out of panic. I mean he loves me so why wouldn't he want to marry me. I was lost in my thoughts when my phone beeped. I looked at it to see a message from Navya.

"Hey! Hope you're okay. We understand you want time alone to think about all this but please let me know if you want someone to talk. Otherwise, come back in whenever you feel ready!"

Navya was my best friend for a reason. She understood me so well. I decided to not take things so seriously and headed back inside. When I went back in the room, I was loaded with questions. Are you okay? Are you upset? All these questions were being shot at me but all I cared about was one person. Manik! And at this moment in time, he was sat in the corner staring blankly at me as if to figure out whether I was upset at him or not. I walked towards him and held his hands. He got up, still staring into my eyes. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and spoke facing everyone. My hand was still holding onto Manik's.

"Dadi, I understand where you are coming from. Aap kai liye yai sab normal nahi hoga. You know a girl and boy dating each other without anything binding them. No engagement rings, no mangalsutra, nothing! I completely understand why it's weird for you because in the previous generations not many people had relationships like ours. But dadi in today's day and age it's completely normal. Dadi me and Manik love each other. For me, he is the one! The one I want to spend my lifetime with. But dadi just this belief isn't enough right? Just love isn't enough. Right now we are both young. We are both still studying. We are still building our careers. We are still working on our relationship to make it stronger. Amidst all this if you ask us to get engaged then obviously we'll be shocked. And Amms when Manik said he doesn't want to marry me, that's not what he meant! Uska matlab yai thaa kai he doesn't want to marry me right now and I agree with him. Shaadi is just not on the list right now. We would both appreciate it if you all gave us time and space to build our relationship, to build the trust we have in each other, to build respect for each other and this will automatically enhance the love we have for each other. Jahaan tak baat hai engagement ki then we don't need rings to bind our relationship together. There is an invisible rope of trust, respect, love and hope which will forever bind us together." I tried to explain my feelings to Dadi and everyone else. Manik felt relieved because I did not misunderstand him and understood what he truly meant.

"Nandini beta you've beautifully said it!" Karan uncle spoke as he patted my head.

"Yes Nandini I'm very proud of you! We are definitely okay with this." Nyonika aunty said as she put her arms around Karan uncle and then proceeded to kiss my forehead. They then stood besides us.

"We are also with you! Right Mrs Murthy?" Dad said with a smile and mum giggled at the way he called her. They both too held each other's hand and came and stood besides us.

"I am always besides my choti and of course my gadhaa friend too!" Cabir bhai said as he came and stood behind me putting his hand on mine and Manik's shoulder.

"Me too!" Navya said.

"Count us all in!" Alya spoke as her, Dhruv, Arya and Abhi walked towards us.