Chapter 35 - Evil plans

N: Bhai... Aap yaha? (Bhai... You're here?)

C: Andar bhi nahi bulaaogi? (Won't you call me inside?)

N: Sorry Bhai! Come!

Bhai came in and I closed the door. I went to the kitchen to get some water for him whilst he settled down. I gave the glass to him.

C: Choti you need water more than I do. Drink it!

N: Bhai but...

C: Choti drink it!

He made me drink the glass of water and then held both my hands.

C: You've been crying right?

N: No Bhai... Something had gone in my eyes and that's why they're watery.

C: Choti stop lying. I saw you running out of the university in tears. Hence I followed you here.

I just crashed onto him for a comforting hug. He knows when I'm upset and when I'm happy. He's the best Bhai a girl can wish for. I couldn't hide my pain from him any longer.

N: Bhai Manik

N: Bhai Manik... He...

C: He said no!

N: Yeah... He said no! That really hurt me. But Bhai what hurt me more was that he insulted my love for him by calling it a mistake. He said me loving him is a mistake. Bhai he's my first love! And he's calling it all a mistake. That's what hurt me more than anything. He said he's a mess and I deserve someone better. Someone who will love me from the bottom of their heart, someone who will always take care of me. He feels that he won't be able to take care of me. He won't be able to give me the happiness that I deserve. But Bhai he doesn't know that my real happiness lies in being with him. Woh baar baar kehta raha kai I shouldn't love him! (He kept saying that I shouldn't love him!) But Bhai how can I not love him? My heart has fallen for him. And it's fallen badly! My heart won't listen to anyone Bhai, it won't listen to anyone! I can't stop loving him Bhai! I'm hurt, I'm hurt by each and every word he said but I can't stop loving him Bhai!

C: Choti you paid attention to his words but not the actual meaning behind them. I know Manik since childhood! He'll never hurt anyone's feelings. Nandini he feels that his past experience won't let him keep you happy. He feels that you'll get hurt because of him. He doesn't want that... He doesn't want his bestfriend to be hurt because of him.

N: But Bhai being with him will never hurt me! Infact I'm the happiest when I'm around him. I love it when he shares his problems with me because it shows that he trusts me.