Chapter 85 - Searching for answers!

Nandini's P.O.V:

Ahhh! Another day, another lie! I lazily pulled myself out of bed as the sun rays hit my face. It has been an entire week since I came back from England and during this whole week Manik hasn't visited me once! I don't expect him to either after all that I said to him. I made him go away from me! I deliberately caused both me and him pain! Urgh! I curse Harshad, the stalker, and that stupid letter! Because of whom I'm in trouble in the first place!

Today I was back at university after a couple of months off. Honestly, I really cannot he bothered because I know I'll have to see Manik there. It's gonna hurt me to hurt him. I can't see him in pain but alas I have to do this.

After taking a quick shower, putting some decent clothes on, and blow drying my hair, I went downstairs. I quickly prepared myself breakfast and then headed back upstairs and put some make up on my face to cover my dark eye bags. I haven't been able to sleep well for the past week and that has had an effect on my mental health and physical health too. But how can one sleep knowing that the love of their life is hurt because of them?

With only half an hour left till the lecture starts, I quickly grabbed my things and ran outside. I got in my car and drove off towards my university. I don't want to be late today! It's the first day back after the break! It was 8:55 as I pulled up in the uni car park. Grabbing my bag and locking my car, I ran towards my lecture room. I saw my lecturer, Mr Singh, walking down the corridor from the other side and I hurried myself to get there before him. He was a really strict teacher when it came to punctuality, he hated late comers and I was in no mood to listen to his lecture about the importance of being on time. I managed to get to the lecture room just before he came. I composed myself, took a deep breath and walked inside. I was so focused on being on time that I just went and sat on the nearest seat I found without looking around for anyone.

"Choti!" I heard bhai say. Where was he? I looked around the lecture room only to find him sat on the row of seats behind mine. He wasn't alone of course! Manik was there too with him but he did not once bother to look at me.

"Hey bhai!" I said with a smile.

"What's up? You didn't even look around for any of us when you walked in, come sit here!" Bhai said as he patted the seat next to him.

"Bhai woh..." I tried to explain but I was rudely interrupted.

"Cabir she won't sit with us! She has a classy lady from England reputation to maintain!" Manik said as he rolled his eyes. What is wrong with him? Why is he behaving like a monster?

"You know what bhai, I would've loved to sit there with you! But unfortunately, I'm not a fan of monkey faced monsters! So I'm fine here!" I said in an attempt to taunt the monster himself.

"I ain't a fan of short girls anyway! I mean we have to look so low to meet eyes with them! And Manik Malhotra does not lower his gaze for no one!" He said with a smug look. How dare he? My height was one of his favourite things about me. He loved how he could always bury his head in the crook of my neck when hugging me. He loved how I always tiptoed when I wanted to initiate the kiss. He loved lifting me when I couldn't reach places. And today he was criticising one of his favourite things about me, my height!

"Haan Manik Malhotra is some sort of a great person!" I said sarcastically.

"Listen..." He said angrily as he pointed his finger at me.

"Shut up! People are watching! Stop creating a scene for goodness sake!" Cabir bhai stated to which me and Manik just looked away. Screw Manik! Just then the rest of our friends came too. I could tell they found it weird not seeing me and Manik sitting with each other but they decided it was best to not say anything. Mukti and Navya came and sat with me whilst Alya and Dhruv sat next to Manik and Cabir. As Navya sat next to me she nudged my arm and whispered a "what's wrong?" to which I simply shook my head and tried to assure her everything was okay! But was it really? I decided to just focus on my psychology class but even Mr Singh wanted to test my patience today. The topic of discussion was the causes of the breakdown of relationships! Like seriously? Could he not find any other topic? Has he just recently gone through a breakup himself? He started the lecture by asking us why we think a relationship may not work. It was a 9am lecture and we were all too tired to answer. When he realised no one was answering he decided to pick on people. Urgh! It should be illegal to pick on students. More than that, It should be illegal to have 9am lectures in the first place.