Chapter 58 - 'Dil toh pagal hai'

The car ride home was filled with laughter, joy, games and lots of love. We played this really cool game where we had to name our other half with a movie name. Cabir obviously named Navya 'Madhubala' and we all know why! Am I right readers? And Navya named him 'Partner'. We were quite confused as to why Navya named him 'Partner'. When we found out the reason we just couldn't stop laughing. Apparently Navya named Cabir 'Partner' because in the movie Salman Khan plays the role of 'love guru' for Govinda. That is exactly what Cabir does for us. Infact, he played the role of 'Love guru" in mine and Manik's love story. He played a huge part in making 'Manan'. Dhruv's was the cutest. He gave Alya the movie 'Hasee toh Phasee' as it's her smile he fell in love with first. Isn't that the cutest? Alya dedicated the movie 'Hum Saath Saath Hain' to Dhruv. She felt Dhruv was exactly like Salman Khan's character in that movie- Shy, innocent, Loving and secretly romantic! That was so true. And most importantly he loved to see everyone happy and together. All those qualities definitely described Dhruv! You will not believe what Abhi named Mukti. OMG! He named her 'Singham'! Because apparently Mukku has all the qualities that Singham has! Bold, Brave, Fearless, Total Dhamaka! And Mukku named Abhi as 'Koi Mil Gaya'. She found someone that was her perfect man and she never wanted to let him go. When it got to mine and Manik's turn, I just couldn't think of anything. I closed my eyes and tried hard to think until a name came to me! That's it! 'Dil toh pagal hai.' Yasss that is perfect for him! His dil is actually pagal for me and mine for him. In fact his dil is pagal for all his loved ones. Everyone really liked that name and I received a lot of 'awwws' from everyone. Manik said he thought it was very cheesy but I know deep down inside he really liked it. I gave him such a cute name and guess what he named me? Guess! JUNGLE BOOK! JUNGLE BOOK! Like seriously? When asked the reason behind it, he said I act like a sherni so much, but sometimes I'm like a cute little Rabbit and at other times I'm like a free bird who just wants to carry on flying and enjoy life. At times I can be a little turtle hidden inside it's shell away from the world and just take a break. His explanation was sooo cute that I happily took on the name of the 'Jungle book'. After lots of masti, yummy food, good music, good company, we reached home around 4. We all went to Manik's house as his mum had made food for us. We were welcomed with happy faces of Manik's parents when we reached there. Aunty told us all to freshen up before we ate food. I was about to go to one of the guest rooms to freshen up when Manik pulled me away to his room. Even though I've lived in Mumbai for a year, I had never actually been to Manik's room. We all hardly met up at his house or anybody's house for that matter. All parties and meet ups were always at my house as I lived by myself so we wouldn't be disturbing anyone. I would come to Manik's house for festivals and special occasions or when Aunty would invite us over for dinner but that's about it. I finally got to see his room and it screamed Manik Malhotra! Every single detail of the room was totally Manik. The black and white theme in the room was not a surprise as they were his favourite colours. His bed sheets and curtains had little guitar imprints. He had a couple of his different guitars in one corner and a cute little study table in the other corner. What surprised me the most was this one particular wall. A wall filled with picture frames. There were pictures of Fab 5, his parents, his childhood photos with Mukti, pictures of his extended family and there were pictures of us! Some really cute pictures. I was adoring all the frames until my eyes fell on one which brought tears to my eyes. It was a picture of Me, My parents, Rishab, Manik, his parents and Mukti. As I've told you guys before (Chapter 30) Manik's Dad and my dad had turned out to be business partners and Mr and Mrs Malhotra are mums childhood friends. So when the Malhotras had a party for the success of the Malhotra Industry, they invited me and my parents too. This picture was taken then.

"Manik this picture?" I asked whilst sobbing.

"It's a picture of my family.... sorry our family!" He said with a smile on his face.

"Our family?" I asked with a puzzled look.

"Haan! Our family! Jo tumhara woh mera And joh mera woh tumhara." He said whilst putting his arms around my neck.

"So you are saying what is mine is yours. And what is yours is mine." I asked with a sly smile.

"Yes, Exactly!" He replied innocently.

"Toh phir this must also be mine too, right?" I spoke as I walked towards the muni fridge in his room.

"Fridge? Aray fridge mai kya hai? Kuch nahi hai! There's just water in there, yeah! Nothing else!" He was panicking because I was about to find out his secret.

I carried on walking towards the fridge despite Manik's several attempts to stop me. I eventually reached the fridge and quickly opened the door and then pulled out the little drawer and held some of the many chocolate bars that were kept!

"Yay!!! Chocolates!!! Manik these are all mine and I don't care what you say!" I said with a smile whilst looking at those yummy chocolates.

"Acha? You were talking about this? Phew! I mean.... you can have them all babe! After all what is mine is yours too." Manik said with a relief.

"Ek minute! What did you think I was talking about?"

I questioned Manik and then turned towards the fridge to have a second look and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. There were 5-10 bottles of alcohol kept in the fridge! What the hell! Was this a room or a bar?

"Manik what is all this? Why do you have sooo many bottles of wine?"

"Actually babe, it's wine and Vodka too!"

"Wine or Vodka! Whatever it is I couldn't care less! It's disgusting!" I stated with utter disgust.

"Nandini tum drink nahi karti but I do! Even Mum shouts when I drink so I have to keep my secret stack of drinks here. And anyway I only drink sometimes on special occasion or when I'm really upset and need to forget my worries." Manik tried to explain his actions.

"Jo bhi ho! Hamaray ghar mai yai sab nahi chalega. No alcohol will be allowed to kept in the house. Haan agar Party ho then thora bohat chalega otherwise no alcohol in our house okay!" I spoke without realising what I was actually saying. But Manik realised and he saw it as a chance to tease me.

"Hamara ghar? Our house? Acha, so when are we getting this house together then babes? Honestly, I can't wait. You and me living in a house together! Perfect!"

"Mmm.... mmm....me... mera matlab woh nahi thaa. I mean urm..." I felt so shy. The thought of me and Manik living together in our house did indeed sound perfect and I couldn't help a big smile from forming on my face.

"Awwww... koi sharmaa rahaa hai?" Manik asked me whilst wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Nahi toh! Choro mujhe. Manik leave me!" I managed to get out of his grip and ran out of the room.

"Aray lekin fresh toh ho jao!" Manik shouted as I was running out of the room.

"I'll freshen up in Mukti's room! Tum jaldi neechay aajanaa! We're all hungry!" I answered.

A/N: Chapter 58 updated! Hope you guys enjoyed it. Do let me know ☺️ A little small compared to the last update but hope it was good. Don't forget to vote and comment! 😉 Lots of love xxx