Chapter 81 - Twisted Tales

It had been an entire week since I had come back from the hospital. However, we still hadn't heard any news on Harshad. Where was he? No one knew! The police were trying their level best to track him down, but their efforts had all gone futile. It was a Saturday morning and Navya was getting ready to go to work. Navya worked as a part time RJ with Cabir. This past week she had stayed with me and took really good care of me. Of course Manik came down every day to spend time with me and take care of me too. I'm blessed with amazing people in my life. Navya was packing herself some lunch in the kitchen whilst I was watching tv. Just then my phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said not knowing who it was as the call was from an unknown number.

"Is this Miss Nandini Murthy?" The person replied.

"Yes, it is!" I replied.

"Miss Murthy, this is ACP Sharma speaking, we have some news on your case, and we need you to come to the police station immediately." The inspector spoke across the phone.

"Of course inspector, but is everything okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Miss Murthy, we can't disclose any information over the phone. Please come to the police station immediately." He said sternly.

"Okay inspector!" I replied as I put the phone down.

"Nandini, sab theek toh hai naa?" Navya said as she walked out of the kitchen. She must have heard me speak over the phone with the inspector.

"Navya, it was the inspector! He wants me to come to the police station immediately." I told her.

"Really? I'll come with you then, let's go!" Navya said.

"No Navya, you have work! You go ahead!" I told her. I didn't want her missing work because of me.

"It's fine Nandu, I'll take a leave!" She said.

"Navu no! I'll ring Manik and ask him to come. You please don't worry about it. You go to work or you'll be late." I told her.

"Nandini are you sure?" She asked worriedly.

"Of course I'm sure! Now go! I'll keep you updated!" I told her with a smile.

"Okay bye!" She said as she hugged me.

"Bye! Have a nice day!" I said as I waved her a bye.

I then rang Manik up and informed him about the phone call. He decided to come immediately to pick me up. I quickly got ready and waited for him to come. He came in the next 20 minutes along with his dad, Mukti, and Abhi. Manik's Dad wanted to make sure he was there, we needed an elder person with us who knew how to deal with the legal system. Mukti and Abhi came for moral support and I appreciate that. We reached the police station in the next hour, thanks to Mumbai traffic! We signed our names in and waited to see the inspector. After a 5 minute wait, we were called to his office. As we walked inside his room, he offered us to take a seat. There were only 3 seats there, so Manik and Abhi stood up whilst me, Mukti, and his dad took a seat.

"ACP Sharma, is everything okay? Why did you urgently call us to meet you? And why didn't you call me? Why did you trouble Nandini?" Manik's Dad asked.

"Mr Malhotra this case is directly linked to Miss Murthy, so it was better for us to call her. Anyway the reason why I called you here is to inform you all that the culprit has been found!" The inspector said with a slight smile.

"What? Really? Where is he? Where is Harshad? Where the hell is he?" Manik said immediately, anger visible in his voice.

"Calm down, Mr Malhotra! How can you be so sure it's Harshad?" The inspector questioned.