Chapter 65 - The parents arrival

It was finally Sunday, the day Mum, Dad and Rishu were coming to Mumbai! I'm super excited. Their flight was going to land in the evening so I didn't bother waking up until late. I woke up around 12, freshened up and had breakfast. I was thinking of what to prepare for lunch when Nyo Aunty rang me.

"Hello Nandini beta! How are you?"

"I'm good aunty! And how are you?" I replied in a chirpy voice.

"I'm good too. Acha listen I called up to tell you that I'm making dinner tonight for you and your parents so you don't worry about cooking tonight." She said.

"Aunty are you sure? I mean I don't mind cooking."

"Yes beta I'm sure. See you in the evening. Bye."

"Thank you Aunty. Bye"

How cute is she making dinner for my parents? I then proceeded to make some lunch for the afternoon and Manik came over too. We had our lunch and then prepared to go to the airport. On the way to the airport, Manik stopped at a florist shop.

"Why have you stopped here Manik?" I questioned.

"Nandini I'm meeting your parents after ages, It'd be nice if I got something for them so flowers it is." Manik replied as he got out of the car to grab a bouquet of flowers for my parents. How thoughtful is he! He came back after a few minutes with a really pretty bouquet of some colourful flowers and put them in the back seat. I complimented his choice in flowers and he smiled and drove off towards the airport. We reached there relatively early so we decided to go to the Starbucks nearby for a drink. We had a nice little chat whilst we were there and then my phone rang. It was Dad.

"Dad! Have you reached? We're at the airport!" I asked.

"Yes beta. We've landed and collected our baggage too. We'll be coming out soon at Gate 4." He replied.

"Okie dokes Dad. I'll see you in a bit." I said with a smile.

Me and Manik made our way to the gate and waited there for my parents. I saw Manik was fiddling about with the bouquet of flowers and he always fiddled when nervous. I put my hand on his and looked at him.

"Nervous?" I questioned to which he simply nodded.

"Manik there is nothing to be nervous about. Its not like you've not met my parents before. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. Trust me!" He simply smiled and took a deep breath. I turned my head towards the gates again in hope of seeing my parents. After a couple of minutes I saw them! I jumped in joy as soon as I saw them and ran towards Dad to hug him. I then hugged mum and Rishu. Manik was still stood in his place. My parents walked towards him and greeted him.

(Parul Chauhan as Shreya Murthy and Sachin Tyagi as Arjun Murthy)

"Hello Manik beta! Kaise ho?" Dad asked.