Chapter 82 - "Hurting each other!"

The inspectors walked in and immediately asked for the parcel. I gave it to him and his team checked it to make sure there was no bomb or something dangerous hidden inside. Are they for real? Why would anyone send me such a package? Once they were sure it was safe to open the box, they did! But to our surprise, there was nothing there. It was filled with rocks! Freaking rocks! Is this some kind of a joke? There was a note with the box too. The inspector opened it and read it out.

"Dearest Nandini, oh and her lovely supporters too, I got you all! Did you think it was that easy to track me down? Nope! I will only be found if I choose to be found. No matter how hard you all try, but you won't find me. And Nandini, stop stressing yourself out beautiful and just wait for my next move. If you were all scared with Harshad's moves, then you can only imagine how terrifying my move will be! Until next time, happy nightmares! Lots of love, From your love struck stalker."

The inspector read out the note and we were all shocked. I was unable to register everything that the inspector had just said. All this while Manik had pretended to not pay attention to us and had pretended to be busy in his phone. But this note, it caught his attention! He immediately got up from the sofa and snatched the note from the inspector and read it himself. He couldn't believe this was happening, oh hell none of us could believe this! Who the hell was this person? And what did he want from me?

The police spoke to Manik's father about some legal documents that had to be submitted and he assured us that they will try to track the person down who has sent this package. They eventually left and Manik's Dad went with them to fill out some forms. I was still in shock about what had happened. Mukti and Abhi comforted me for a while and then decided it was best to leave me and Manik alone to talk things out. I was sat on the sofa, staring into space when I felt a hand around my shoulders. I rested my head back onto his hard chest and snuggled into him. I found my comfort in him.

"Nandini, are you okay?" He said softly as he placed his arms around me

"Hmmmm!" I mumbled quietly.

"We'll get through this, okay?" He said in reassurance.

"When Manik? And how? Everything is getting complicated day by day! Just when we thought we had found the culprit, we get another shock. I'm tired of having to be cautious all the time Manik. I'm tired of having to have people continuously look over me and see if I'm okay. I'm tired Manik! And all this is affecting our relationship too. We're fighting with each other like there's no tomorrow. I'm frustrated, you're frustrated, and we're both taking out our frustration on each other. It's a good thing we have University holidays or else we wouldn't even be able to focus on our education. Who the hell is this person Manik? Who is he? What does he want from me?" I said as I got out of his embrace and faced him.

"Nandini, baby I understand what you're going through but please try to remain positive. We'll get through this together. I'm here with you, we all are here with you." He said in an attempt to calm me down.