Chapter 59 - "The Shining Star"

Hiya my beautiful readers! After sooo long, I know! That's why a long update to make up for the wait! Also, can we just appreciate how cute babies look in that picture. PaNi never fail to amaze me. 😩❤️ Anyways, back to the update! Enjoy! 🙈😊

After freshening up in Mukti's room, I went downstairs for lunch along with the rest of the girls. When we reached the dining table what we saw was amazing. The dining table was filled with all our yummy food. Nyonika aunty had put in a lot of effort. She is the cutest aunty ever. We all sat down to eat and uncle and aunty went to watch some tv as they'd already eaten. The seating arrangement at the dining table was quite funny. All the girls sat on one row and their respective partners sat opposite them. Manik and me kept stealing glances every now and then. I was relishing my aloo puri when I felt a tap on my foot. Somebody was gently kicking me. I quietly glanced down under the table and saw a pair of black Nikes on my shoes. It was Manik! Of course! Who else could it be? I stared at Manik with wide eyes and he gave me the 'what?' look. Gosh he acts so innocent! I ignored him and he did it again. He kept tapping my feet and after a while I was annoyed. I mean I wanted to eat my food in peace without any disturbance. Nandini Murthy does not let anyone come in her way of food. So I kicked him back. Not gently but not hard either. But I got no reaction from him. Why? I see what he's doing! He's pretending he doesn't care. I carried on tapping his feet until Abhi, who was sat on Manik's left side shouted, "Ab bas bhi karo Mukti. How many more times are you going to kick me?"

"What the hell? I didn't do anything. I'm busy eating mums chole bature." Mukti retorted back.

"Acha? Are you sure?" Abhi questioned Mukti.

"What do you mean I'm sure? Of course I'm sure! You're just imagining things! Seriously!" Mukti said with irritation clear in her voice.

"I'm not imagining things okay. If it wasn't you then who could it be." Abhi spoke whilst looking at me and Alya as we were sat on either side of Mukti.

"Hello! Why are you looking at me? It wasn't me okay." Alya spoke in her defence.

"Then it has to be...." Abhi spoke whilst looking at me.

"Nandini! It has to be Nandini! Am I right babe?" Manik spoke interrupting Abhi.

"Urm woh... actually... Urm. Sorry! I thought it was Manik and Urm I'm just really sorry Abhi." I replied with embarrassment.

"Awhhh Nandu it's ok. You don't have to be sorry. Waise next time get your aim right okay." Abhi said with a giggle.

"Hawwww! Nandini you wanted to kick me under the table. How could you? I mean I know I teased you in my room but that doesn't mean you kick me under the table. Haaaawww so ashamed of you Nandu." Manik spike innocently. He was trying to annoy me and it was working. I was getting annoyed.

"What the hell Monkey? You kicked me first okay! That's why I kicked you back. Well tried to anyway. Urggghhh you're such a monster Manik. I hate you!" I spoke out of irritation.

"No you don't! You love me!" He replied with a smirk.

"I love you! But I also hate you! Because you're such a monkey monster sometimes!" I rambled on.

"What's a monkey monster Nans?" Alya asked cluelessly.

"I don't know. Mujhe nahi pata!" I spoke with irritation.

"Acha guys stop now. Yai flirting baad mai karnaa okay." Bhai tried to make peace.

"Bhai this is not flirting okay It's!" I stared back.