Chapter 26 - "I'll help you heal"

Flashback:

M: Hi babe! How are you?

S: I'm good baby! What about you?

M: I'm good! How is the world? Are you enjoying travelling around the world?

S: What? Manik what are you saying? I'm in USA studying in Cambridge university.

M: Cambridge university and all huh? Get your facts right before you decide to lie! Cambridge university is in London not USA!

S: Manik I meant... Urm... I... Er

M: You what huh?

S: You know what forget it! I didn't want to tell you the truth because I didn't want to break your heart. But Manik Malhotra I've never loved you! I was with you because you were famous.... You were popular and most importantly you were rich. But when I realised you were so focused on your career... I felt you'd never have time for me. And then I met this guy... He's hot, handsome and rich. He promised to give me everything that you didn't have time to give me. Manik he's taking me on a world tour. I didn't tell you the truth because I didn't want to hurt you because you are my best friend.

M: SHUT UP! Just SHUT UP! Don't even call me your best friend. You were two timing me all this time. Why did you pretend to love me? I trusted you! I trusted you and you broke my trust. I can't believe you were with me for my money and my popularity. You are a disgusting and selfish woman Soha! I hate you and please don't try to contact me again! Bye!

S: Manik but....

End of Flashback:

I was shocked! How could someone be so selfish?

M: After that day I stopped believing in love. She hurt me so badly that I forgot what smiling was... Nandini trust me when I say this before Soha broke up with me I used to live life to the fullest. I was never this monster but she turned me into one. Yes Nandini because of her I turned into a monster. And when you started talking about your Mr Right I recalled her words. Nandini she always used to speak like that and that's why I lashed out at you and I'm extremely sorry for that Nandini.

He was in tears now... This guy has been through so much pain! I can't believe someone could do such a thing. I was about to speak when he gave me a bone crashing hug. I was taken aback at first but then I gently patted his back to assure him I was there for him. Manik Malhotra I was right... You are full of secrets. After a few minutes Manik released me from the hug.

M: I'm sorry! Actually I...

N: It's ok Manik! You don't have to apologise... I can understand.

M: Thank you for giving me your shoulder to cry on.

N: Isn't that what friends do?

M: Hmmm.... Nandini I've shared my dark past with you... I've only done that with my close friends. I don't know why I told you this but my heart feels so light after talking to you Nandini.

After hearing his words I automatically reached for his forehead and gave him a light peck.