76. Knee

"Jungkook, stay close. There are too many people here," Namjoon instructed. I nodded and walked closer to him, intertwining our fingers as we brushed past the new humans and some vampires. The boys passed a law about not hurting humans for three months, only feeding on the blood bags that would be provided. Of course, they left GOT7 in charge while we're in France.

"That was quick," I commented, looking at the humans gawking at the vampires they found hot. Little did they know about the trauma that cane co-existing with vampires. "I thought they would take more time before allowing humans to enter."

"Well, Council didn't play much of a part. All they had to do was announce that the gates were opening, and humans jumped at the chance to see vampires," Jimin snorted. "Little do they know what they just signed up for."

I looked at the humans in worry while my mates mocked the now-happy looking humans. Some looked our way, giggling when Taehyung winked at them. I looked at him and frowned, looking away with a pout just as he looked back at us. Insecurity overcame me. Ironically, when I read situations like this in books, I always thought the characters were being irrational. I mean, their partners literally expressed their affection for them the previous night. But I understood.

I understood how insecure they felt when their partner flirted with someone else. I felt used. I didn't want to seem like I was overreacting, so I kept my mouth shut. I felt as if the previous night didn't mean as much to Taehyung as it meant to me.

"Jungkook-" Jimin cut him off.

"Hey Taehyung! Look at that. A vampire found his human mate," Jimin said. I looked over to where he was pointing to see a girl being held by a vampire. I looked at her in worry as she cried for help, but no one looked her way, not even her friend. She made eye contact with me, breaking free of her vampire mate. She ran over to me, clutching my shoulders as I looked at her in shock.

"Help me! Please! He said he's not going to let me go! He said he's going to kill me!" she screamed in my face, her fingers digging in my shoulders.

"I-" her mate cut me off by grabbing her hand and pulling her away. I instinctively stepped towards them, holding her other arm while glaring at the vampire. "Let her go."

The vampire glared at me, stepping closer, all the while holding the girl's wrist in a deadly grip. "Unless you want to die, I suggest you let her go," he growled out.

My glare hardened as I stepped closer to him, my height the same as his. "Let her go," I said, my hand inching towards my dagger.

"Jungkook," I heard from behind me. Namjoon.

The vampire stepped closer to me, raising his fist. I blocked it, kicking his knee. He cried in pain as he fell on his broken knee, letting go of the girl.

"Go," I told her. "Your neighbors will tell you how to survive here." She nodded and ran back to her friend, who embraced her tightly.

I was harshly pulled by my wrist towards our flight gate. I let out a whimper as Namjoon's tight grip sending waves of pain from my wrist to my shoulder.

"Namjoon!" I exclaimed, trying to pull free. His grip only tightened, earning another whimper from me.

"Jungkook, don't fight it," Yoongi said. He reached out and tapped on Namjoon's forearm, the grip on my wrist loosening immediately. I pouted, letting myself be manhandled yet again.

"What were you thinking?" Namjoon yelled once we got on the plane.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Why would you do that?" he asked. "Why didn't you just let her go with that vampire?"

"Why wouldn't I do that? She clearly didn't want to go with him," I argued.

"She is his mate. Why would you help her?" Jimin said, his voice softer than Namjoon's.

"Because maybe I don't want someone else to go through what I went through!" I yelled. How could they not understand? If not understand, they could at least acknowledge it.

"Calm down. What's done is done. Everyone sit down and no more fighting," Jin instructed, his voice coated with authority. Taehyung guided me to sit beside him, letting me take the window seat.

I rubbed my wrist to relieve the pain, wincing at the sight of the dull-yellow wound that was going to turn dark within a few hours. Taehyung placed a hand on my thigh, leaning to whisper in my ear.

"If it helps, I was rooting for you," he whispered. The ends of my lips lifted a little but fell back down when the feeling of being used washed over me.

"Yeah okay," I mumbled, shifting in my seat.

Once the plane was steady in the air, Taehyung spoke. "Jungkook, follow me to the washroom," he said. I nodded, a yawn slipping out of my mouth. I unbuckled my seat and followed him, holding on to his shirt as he led the way.

He locked the door behind us and pinned me to it. "What you saw at the airport, what I did, I didn't..." he trailed off with a sigh. I looked at him in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You saw me... wink at another girl," he said slowly.

"Yeah so?" I asked, trying to be nonchalant about it.

"So?" Taehyung repeated. "What do you mean 'so'?"

"What? You winked at a human you found attractive. You wink at people you find attractive," I said, shrugging.

"Jungkook," Taehyung started. "Baby, I was teasing her. She was eyeing you, and I wanted to take her attention away from you. I would never find anyone more attractive than the six of you."

I looked at him with a small pout. "Could have told me that someone was eyeing me," I said.

"I was going to. That's why I immediately turned to look at you," he said, leaning to bury his nose in my neck.

"S-so you don't regret last night?" I asked him in a small voice, my hands making their way to his waist as his went to my shoulders.

"Never," he responded, kissing my neck. I flipped us over, pinning him to the door instead. I roughly pulled him by his waist, attaching our lips. A knock on the door made us separate. "What?"

"I need to pee," Jimin's voice came through the door. I let out a chuckle at the innocence in his voice. Jimin really was a baby at heart.

You could hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes. (But of course, in real life he's the dirty-minded one!)