63. Exhilarating

"It's dark," I muttered under my breath, not liking that we decided to go out on a new moon. I didn't mind the dark, but I didn't like knowing that werewolves, who were out to get the six vampires, were still lurking about.

"Don't worry, you're safe with us," Hoseok said, rubbing the back of my neck in comfort. As the path got narrower, the four of us, walked closer to one another. Hoseok and I walked ahead to set the pace, while Taehyung and Jimin were behind us, ready to defend. I did my best to not stumble all over the place. The route seemed rockier than the last time since it was too dark to see where I was stepping. "Do you want to get on my back?"

"Uh... no it's fine. I'm too heavy," I whispered, cautiously stepping over a puddle, of which I could scarcely make out in the darkness. The others were using their vampire eyes to see, so the only source of light in the darkness was the red gleam of their eyes.

"I doubt it," Hoseok said. Before I could open my mouth to argue, he picked me up, bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck, a small hint of vanilla flooding my nose. He momentarily turned around to look at Taehyung and Jimin. "You both are grounded, just so you know."

"Wait, why am I grounded?" Jimin complained. "Taehyung's the one who kidnapped you!"

"You weren't being responsible when bringing Jungkook. I bet you two manipulated him into this mini trip," Hoseok fired back.

-

"Wow this is pretty," Taehyung said in awe. Lucky them, they could see. I could barely make out the form of the cliff in the dark.

"Can we jump in the water?" Jimin asked, peering down.

"Well if you two want to, then go ahead. I'm going to stay with bub," Hoseok said, helping me sit on the edge of the cliff.

"You can go ahead if you want. You don't have to stay with me," I said, pulling the jacket closer to me.

"It's alright, I'm not in the mood to get wet," Hoseok said. He took the clothes that Taehyung and Jimin discarded, and gave me Taehyung's shirt. "Wear this under your jacket. You'll feel warmer."

I muttered a small 'thank you' as I swiftly took off my jacket and wore the blue shirt over my pink nightwear shirt. Once I was warmer, I felt more relaxed. My headache had died down and was barely noticeable.

"Do you miss your family?" Hoseok asked.

"Yeah," I responded, strings tugging at my heart as Jimin's laughter echoed in the exhilarating night.

"I'm sorry," Hoseok said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because of... everything that you're going through. You don't deserve it at all, and the way we've been treating you doesn't help your situation either," he said.

"It's alright. You can't change the past. You can only move on," I responded.

"But you don't seem to be moving on," Hoseok pointed out.

"It takes time. Plus it's not something you can move on completely. You can't ever go back to the person you once used to be," I said.

"I understand what you're saying. But I've met people who don't seem to be affected by what they go through," he said.

"If it affects your behavior, if it affects your thoughts or it affects your perception of things, it affects you. There's no escaping it. Sometimes you don't even notice it, which is the worst thing about going through things," I explained, feeling torpid as my eyes started drooping.

"You're too mature for your age," Hoseok muttered under his breath. I ignored it, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Taehyung doesn't like me," I mumbled. Sadness tugging at my brain. It was weird, I know, but sometimes, I feel as if my sadness' epicenter is in my head.

"Of course he does. Why would you think he doesn't?" Hoseok asked.

"Most of the time, he looks at me so coldly. His actions of intimacy always seem so forced. At first, I thought he was uncomfortable with me, but now I just think he doesn't like me. He even avoids conversation with me," I mumbled. Hoseok stayed quiet, probably reflecting on my words, or he just doesn't care.

^Narrator's POV^

"I promise we'll make it right," Hoseok said, as Jungkook's head rested on his shoulder. He felt satisfied knowing that the youngest mate was able to sleep, he could only hope that Jungkook didn't get nightmares.

Hoseok shifted Jungkook, positioning the sleeping bunny in between his legs, and wrapped his arms around the bunny's tiny frame. Jungkook's head fell back on Hoseok's shoulder, exposing his neck and making his scent stronger.

"Come back. It's time to go back," Hoseok said. Jimin's laughter died down, and Taehyung and Jimin started climbing their way up, using their strengths to climb like the Hulk (just less destructive and slower).

"Oh, did he fall asleep?" Jimin asked. Hoseok nodded. "Okay, Taehyung and I are tired too, can you drive?"

"Yeah okay," Hoseok said, pecking Jimin on the lips when he bent down. "Did you guys have fun?"

"Yeah, felt refreshing," Jimin responded, as a shirtless- but dressed- Taehyung carefully picked Jungkook up. He was known to have the highest body temperature among his mates.

"Oh! By the way, Taehyung," Hoseok started, as the three of them headed back to the car. "Jungkook thinks you hate him."

Taehyung's eyes widened and he opened his mouth to speak but Hoseok backed away, pointing at Jungkook and waving his arms.

"He's asleep. I don't- don't wake him up," Hoseok whispered. Taehyung looked back and forth between Jimin and Hoseok in shock.