91. Laugh

^Jungkook's POV^

I stood beside Yoongi as we waited for Jackson and his clan. Yoongi had his fingers intertwined with mine. It felt foreign but comforting. So the less I showed my suffering, the more my mates interacted with me? If I pretended everything was okay, my mates would interact with me more often.

"Hey!" Jackson bellowed as he rushed over to us, his mates walking behind him. He ignored the rest and ran over to me and hugged me. My cheek was pressed against his shoulder as I hugged back with a smile. I liked his vibes. "Jungkook boy!"

"Hi Jackson," I mumbled into his shoulder. My hand was still in Yoongi's hold, which allowed only one of my arms to wrap around Jackson's waist. He pulled away and hugged everyone else. I watched with a small smile, Jackson just had that comforting vibe. Although our first impression was like a hungry lion meeting a deer, we did warm up to each other eventually. Especially after the conversation regarding his mate.

"Jungkook?!" One of Jackson's mate called out. I looked at him.

"YUGIE!" I exclaimed and ran to him. I jumped on him and he caught me effortlessly. Yugyeom was my childhood friend and my colleague. He was the one who taught me about... sex and things related to sex.

"You guys know each other?" Hoseok asked, a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Of course," Yugyeom answered, while I hugged his waist and buried my face in his neck. I missed him a lot, especially during these past few months. Yugyeom and I used to be each other's emotional support. "We were each other's first kiss!"

Wait what?

I pulled away from him and looked at him in confusion. "No, we weren't. When the hell did we kiss?" I asked.

"When we were 13. How do you not remember? We even dated," he said. "Albeit, for two days only. It got a bit too awkward after that."

I stared at him blankly. "Did you confuse me with Soojin?" I asked, referring to his ex-boyfriend.

"No. We did kiss. You need to rack your brain to remember," he said, pecking my cheek. There was a snarl before I was pulled away by Namjoon, who held me against his torso as he glared at Yugyeom. I squirmed out of his grip and went back over to my best friend.

"Let's go. We'll leave these people to talk about whatever," I said. I pulled him away before anybody could say anything, and took him to my room.

-

^Taehyung's POV^

My leg bounced anxiously. It had been two and a half hours since the meeting started. Throughout the meeting, all I could do was wonder if Jungkook and Yugyeom were doing intimate stuff. Jin told us about the danger, and he told us to be deep in our resources to find a way to stop the werewolves. We didn't realize it, but we ended up neglecting Jungkook. We knew the werewolves would go for Jungkook, seeing as he was the weak link.

"Are we done?" I asked.

"Taehyung, do you not trust Jungkook? They won't do anything," Mark said. "As Yugyeom said, they went out when they were 13 for two days, and then it got awkward. I doubt that would change now."

I sighed, knowing he was right. "It's not that. I miss him," I whispered. Namjoon pat my thigh in comfort.

"Yeah, we're done. You can go," Jin said. I used my vampire speed to run to Jungkook's room. I raised my hand to knock but hesitated when I heard Yugyeom and Jungkook laugh. Being with Yugyeom was definitely good for Jungkook.

I knocked on Jungkook's door, waiting for permission before entering. "Uh... Yugyeom, your clan is going home," I informed, keeping my eyes on Jungkook. His expression changed from happy to dejected.

Yugyeom jumped down and skipped out of the room after bidding his goodbyes. I closed the door behind me when I stepped in.

"Can Yugyeom come over more often?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes of course. But it will be a while before that happens. We need to... take care of some things first," I said. He nodded, pulling his knees to his chest. "C-can we talk?"

He looked at me and nodded.