65. Three People? (M)

"You said you'll be home by dinner," Namjoon said, glaring at Taehyung and me with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Well, I took Kook to the ice cream parlour. We got a bit side-tracked," Taehyung said, a goofy grin plastered on his face. I mimicked his sloppy grin.

"We were having fun," I said.

Namjoon sighed. "Did you at least eat?" He asked.

"We ate a sandwich, if that's what you mean," I said.

"Okay, Taehyung, you're grounded. Jungkook, you're not sleeping in Taehyung and Jimin's room for a week. Those two constantly get into trouble, we don't need them dragging you with them," Jin said. "You're sleeping with Yoongi tonight, and Hoseok tomorrow."

"Wait, why am I getting punished? Taehyung's the one who got Jungkook into trouble two days in a row," Jimin complained.

"One, you were involved in yesterday's happenings. Two, you and Taehyung share a room," Hoseok said.

-

"Jungkook?" Yoongi called out in the dark. I hummed in response. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure," I responded.

"You said you're not able to differentiate between the bond and your feelings. W-what does that feel like?" he asked.

I took a deep breath before responding. "It feels like my mind contradicts every move I make, every thought, every emotion, it's all like a conflict. It's like- instead of a devil and an angel on my shoulders- I have two devils yelling into my ears. When I first came here, it was hard to deal with the bond, but my own feelings were stronger, my fear was much stronger. Then the bond started to grow at a rapid rate, it was easy for me to isolate them because I had a very closed mind to vampires, and very distinct feelings for you six. But now... it's so clouded. I feel like there's an anvil on my chest every time I try to isolate my emotions and the bond. It's just, so hard, I feel like I can't breathe," I said.

"I'm sorry," Yoongi said, after a moment of silence.

I let out a dry chuckle. "You know, everyone apologizes for that goes on in my head. I'm starting to wonder if they really mean it," I said, dryly. "It's my head, it's probably my fault."

"Things like this, they're never your fault," he said, turning to face me.

"But they are. It's my perception of situations that affects how I think. I know it's the environment and the biological factors that affect how I perceive things, but it's still my brain. What happens in there is my responsibility," I retorted.

"No, it's not. Your mind is the easiest thing to manipulate. You are open-minded, which comes with a disadvantage. What affects your mind is not at all your fault, and never will be. What affects your mind, affects the hormones that your brain releases, which affects your mood and mental health. So no, it's not your fault at all," he said. I sighed, reflecting upon his words.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I looked at the wall behind the bed and looked back at Yoongi in confusion.

"I think... I think that's Jin, Namjoon and Jimin," Yoongi said.

"Three people?" I asked as he turned on some light music to drown out the noise of the bed slamming against the wall in the adjacent room. I thought the rooms in the palace were soundproof?

(WARNING: Mature... 18+. Skip the chapter.)

^Narrator's POV^

Jin locked the door behind them as Namjoon pinned a wide-eyed Jimin to the wall.