41. Blood

^Jungkook's POV^

I was sleeping in my room when the window was smashed... again. I shot up in bed, looking at the moonlight area of my room with wide eyes. I grabbed the dagger from my bedside table and stood up.

My heart picked up its pace when I heard a groan. It was...It was a person who came through my window.

I crept my way to my door, but just as I opened it, a hand reached out from behind me and closed the door, pinning me to it.

"So you're the human mate. Got to admit, I thought you would look prettier, but I guess not. Oh well," he said, pulling me by my waist, towards the window. I struggled in his grip, but he was too strong.

I took the risk and stabbed him in the hand that was wrapped around my waist. I felt the dagger slightly pierce my waist, drawing only a little blood, as it impaled his hand. He screamed in pain, letting me go.

I ripped out the dagger from his arm and turned around, stabbing him in the shoulder. The blood from his arm seeped through my clothes, colouring my white shirt.

I didn't hesitate to run out of the room, to the place I knew someone would be: Jin's office. I slammed open the door, panting as I stared at Yoongi and Jin in shock, my expression reciprocated by them.

"Jungkook? What happened?" Yoongi asked, taking a step towards me.

"Someone... in my room," I said, panting. Yoongi clenched his jaw as he approached me. He gently pushed me to the side and ran to my room using his speed.

Jin walked over to me, placing his hand on my cheek, caressing my face with his thumb. I avoided eye contact, looking past him.

"You've lost weight. You need to eat more," he said. I stayed quiet, a small pout on my lips. "You okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?"

I hesitantly lifted my shirt to show him the small wound on my waist. He moved his hand up and caressed the area around the wound. "It's not that bad. Just a small cut," I replied.

"Let's get that cleaned up, shall we?" He said. "But first let's check on your room."

I leaned on him as we walked to my room, his arm wrapped around my waist. Exhaustion was starting to take effect on me. All I wanted to do was go to sleep. I was tired. Tired of everything. It was so overwhelming; I wanted it to end. I wanted everything to just end.

I hope mom and hyung were safe and happy. They deserve to be happy after everything they went through. I hope dad was happy too. He would be watching over mom and hyung, smiling at how happy they were.

"Jungkook? Jungkook!" I heard Jin's voice echo. So close, yet so far.

My vision blurred, spinning. I could feel myself stumble in Jin's arms as I fell against his torso, my vision going dark.

^Jin's POV^

I picked Jungkook up bridal style, just as Hoseok approached us with a worried look on his face.

"What happened to him?" He asked, his voice laced with panic.

"I don't know. I'll take him to medical. You go check on Yoongi in Jungkook's room, he'll debrief you," I said. Without hearing a response, I ran off to medical.

"Hyungsik!" I yelled, running into the ward. Hyungsik ran out of his room/office and approached us as I placed my mate on the bed. "He passed out. He's got a wound on his waist and he was in a fight a few minutes ago!"

"Ok. Jin, I need you to leave," he said, motioning one of the nurses to lead me out. I reluctantly left, taking a seat as Namjoon and Jimin hastily approached me.

Oh my God!! Thank you so much, guys!!! You're really the best! I can't believe you guys are actually enjoying my book!!!!!💜