51. Seokjin/Jin's History

"I met Yoongi before the Epilepse war. A few weeks into the war, I fronted. I didn't want Jin to experience the traumas that wars usually carry," Seokjin said. "I was always watching over Jin, ready to front whenever necessary. When I finally did surface, Jin had already kidnapped Yoongi in fear of him being part of the number of casualties that were increasing during the war. I fronted when Jin's father came into the picture. He... came with a bunch of other people too. Wordlessly, he stormed into Jin's house and demanded Jin to let him lead the war instead. I didn't let Jin respond before I fronted. I had to put up the tough act even though I wanted to quiver under his gaze."

Seokjin tightened his grip around me, causing me to wince in pain. He immediately loosened up, rubbing my stomach as a way to apologize. I leaned back into him to assure him that it was okay.

"He had his followers hold me back as they dragged me to the dungeons of Jin's palace. Two of his followers soon dragged Yoongi into the same cell as I. I remember Yoongi screaming to let go, I remember them beating him up to get me to cave. T-there were so many times I wanted to. But every time I tried to negotiate or even agree to the deal, they would beat me up to shut me up. Yoongi was out of it the entire time, I was chained to the wall. I-" Seokjin cracked at the end of his sentence, tears gushing down his face and falling onto my shirt. "I couldn't protect him. I couldn't hold him."

I slowly got out of Seokjin's arms, letting Yoongi replace me. Yoongi sat on Seokjin's lap, facing him as he wrapped his legs around the hybrid's waist. I sat beside Namjoon on the bed before being pulled onto Hoseok's lap. He made me sit across his lap, my feet on Jimin's thighs.

"Seokjin, I'm so sorry," Yoongi apologized, wiping Seokjin's tears as his own rolled down his face. "I'm sorry I-I called you a monster. I'm s-so sorry."

Seokjin wrapped his arms around Yoongi's waist and buried his face into Yoongi's neck. I leaned into Hoseok's chest, the rest of us were silent to let the two have their moment. We took the time to digest the information.

Once Seokjin and Yoongi calmed down, Namjoon spoke up.

"So... you're Seokjin?" Namjoon asked.

"Yes. I go by Seokjin," Seokjin responded. "Do you guys... want to hear my story? Maybe that will clear up any questions you have."

"Only if you're comfortable with it," Taehyung said.

"Okay. So I was created when Jin was 6, which is the normal age of alters being created within children. At first, I was brushed off as a child's imagination. It was when Jin turned 11, that I fronted, and when Hyungsik noticed constant personality changes in Jin. At the age of 13, Jin was diagnosed with DID. Why was I created? Well, like every other person with DID, Jin went through something traumatic. As a coping mechanism, I was created. Jin had an... abusive father. According to Jin, he was never around, but in reality, he was always there. I took the memories, I took the hits, I took the memories of people he made me kill to shape me into the ruthless son he always wanted and locked it up with me whenever Jin surfaced. There were times when I let Jin front, but only when his father wasn't around or when his father would act... Not aggressively," Seokjin explained, rubbing Yoongi's back while Yoongi rested his head on the hybrid's shoulder, his hand tightly fisting his shirt.

Hoseok traced figures on my waist, making my heart flutter for some reason.

"When Hyungsik diagnosed Jin with DID, and I fronted, I begged him not to tell Jin about his father. Hyungsik agreed and told Jin only nice things about his father. According to Jin, he had died after losing his mate. Jin looked up to his father, so not wanting to ruin Jin's perception of his father, I took the blame for whatever happened to Yoongi during the war. During the Epilepse, when I fronted, I was forced to... use the ruthless side of me that Jin's father trained me for, which is why I killed so many people," he said.

"Do you... want us to tell Jin?" I asked. Namjoon reached over and started playing with my hair.

"Y-yes, please. B-but not now. I don't know how to force dissociation, I can't force Jin to front," Seokjin said.

"That's alright. We'll wait. But first, we want to get to know you for you, Seokjin," Taehyung said, a small smirk playing on his lips.