32. Clue

"I d-don't know, s-sir," the receptionist of my family's apartment building said. "I check on them every morning like you told them to. Y-yesterday, I went to check in on them, b-but nobody opened the door. I t-thought they were a-asleep still, so I went a l-little later. Nobody o-opened the door. I c-came to check on the today, a little later than u-usual, nobody opened the d-door, so I g-got one of my keys. When I entered, I saw the b-bodies."

"You didn't think of calling me? Or anyone in authority?" Jin raised his voice.

"I'm s-sorry, sir," he apologized as I made my way into the apartment. Jimin followed me inside, staying close to me and watching every movement I made. I made my way to hyung's room.

I gasped in shock when I opened the door, jumping back in surprise. Jimin quickly made his way to my side, wrapping an arm around my waist and looking around to see if there's any danger.

There was blood on the walls, a message written out.

3 days.

"JIN!" Jimin yelled out. In an instant, Jin was behind us, he sidestepped Jimin and me to see the message.

"Fuck," he muttered under his breath. He turned around to look at Jimin.

"It's the boy's blood. Go to the boys, tell them what's going on. I want a search party out in an hour, tell them to track by the scent of the blood. Tighten security. Jungkook and I will look for more clues, and will come back in two hours," he instructed Jimin.

Hyung's blood?

Jimin nodded, disappearing into the air. Jin looked at me.

"We'll find them, I promise," he reassured. I pursed my lips and nodded. He and I split up to search for more clues.

-

"Hey, you okay?" Jin asked me. I nodded, staring out of the car window. I had removed my shoes and pulled my feet up to my chest.

"Can we... uh..." I started. Then I second-guessed myself. "Never mind."

"What is it?" Jin urged.

"I uh... I wanted some chocolate," I whispered out the end. "Can we get some?"

"Yes, of course, little lamb. Don't be shy to ask for what you want," Jin said, patting my knee before placing it back on the wheel.

"I was wondering..." Jin started. I looked at him. "If you want to go for a drive, with the window down? Get some fresh air that's not in the premises of the palace?"

"Yeah, I'd like that..." I trailed off.

-

"How are you feeling, lamb?" Jin asked. I gave him a small smile. The fresh air entering the car made my head feel lighter, more relaxed, as my thoughts cleared out.

"I'm good. Feeling much better," I responded. I rolled up the window, starting to feel cold. We were driving around a hill, beautiful scenery.

That was when it happened.

We crashed.

^Yoongi's POV^

"Jungkook's been through way too much," Namjoon said, tightening his hold on me. I was sitting in my office, waiting for Jin, Jungkook and Jimin to come home, as I worked on strengthening security.

Namjoon came to my office to cuddle. It'd been years since he did that. He did it when he gets too stressed or overwhelmed. We all kept our secrets from others, but we knew how to comfort one another.

"Things will turn out for the better. I can feel it," I comforted, standing up so he could take my place on the chair. I sat on his lap just as Jimin barged in followed by the others.

"We need a search party-track by the scent of Jungkook's brother's blood on the wall of his room. Tighten security. Jin and Jungkook are searching for more clues," Jimin said.

We broke off to do our work, Namjoon staying back to help me with security.

Halfway into the process, we felt it. The pit of our stomachs dropped, a heavy feeling in our chests.

Something was wrong.