20. Plan

(Warning- emotional chapter)

"Morning little bun!" Hoseok exclaimed, barging into my room. It'd been a week since I was brought to the palace. I stuttered less, but it was still there. Jimin and I were eating ramen and fish balls in my room while watching tv.

Namjoon helped install the TV. I've seen the tv in the café I worked at, but the sound was never audible over the bustling café and the rush hour, and because I didn't work as a runner very often. I usually worked as a cashier, protected by the barrier that the manager set up for the human employees. The manager didn't hire vampires to work at the café for the employees' protection. She was the best.

"M-morning," I greeted softly as he sat down beside Jimin with a huff. My body tensed up even more at the entrance of the vampire. I wasn't comfortable with them, and they knew it. But Namjoon said that they were trying to make things better, so I let my guard down a little. Just a little.

A sleepy Yoongi followed him and sat down beside me, resting his head on my shoulder. I knew my heart was racing. I was cautious and scared. But it wasn't like I had a say.

They reminded me of the vampires that used to come to the café. They always hit on the humans so they could bed them or drinks heir blood. Thankfully our manager, a vampire, took care of those situations for us.
She was a good vampire, and quite possibly the only vampire my family and I could trust. But only to a certain extent, of course.

"What are you guys watching?" Hoseok asked, taking a fishball out of Jimin's bowl and popping it into his mouth, earning a whine from Jimin.

"The news. There's nothing else to watch," Jimin answered. He suggested watching the news, and I agreed in fear of making him angry. I wasn't a huge fan of knowing what was going on out of Seoul. Especially when they discussed public figures and such. I envied them, a lot. They didn't have to deal with human oppression and the fear of not going home or the fear of your family not coming home. All they did was fetishize vampires, not knowing what comes with living with them and under their control

"Taehyung's called a meeting," Yoongi rumbled out. I finished the .last of my food and stood up, disregarding the yelp of surprise that emitted from Yoongi as he fell over onto Jimin's hand.

Mumbling out a soft 'sorry', I made my way to the kitchen to wash the bowl. I didn't look back as I left the room, thus missing the looks exchanged between the three.

I was stopped halfway to the kitchen by Namjoon. "Oh, Jungkook! We have a meeting. You're supposed to attend as well. Go to Jin's office," he informed.

"Alright I'll be there," I said. My stuttering had reduced considerably around Namjoon. I was more comfortable with him as compared to the others, but I was still cautious.

I didn't know what was wrong, but I didn't feel anything. I wasn't numb, yet I didn't feel anything. I mean, I cried myself to sleep the previous night. I even had a nightmare. I missed my family, and being cooped up in the palace was not very entertaining. I was used to being busy every day, and having fun with my family at dinner.

I made my way to Jin's office, knocking before entering. Everyone was already there. Jimin pulled me onto his lap. I let it happen, I was used to it.

"The attacks are getting worse. The mutts' attempts to get into the palace are improving. If we don't act now, they will be able to enter. God knows what they'll do if they're able to enter," Taehyung informed.

There they went again, they always talked about strategies to stop the werewolves from entering the palace at dinner. They barely made jokes or even smiled.

The only topic they joked about was humans being sucked dry by them and their friends. They would mock the fear that humans would show when they were about to die. I would usually stare at my lap while they all mocked humans. My hatred for them reduced, but I knew it was because of the bond.

I had a plan for me and my family. We would save up money and then run away to another city far from Seoul. I was the only one who worked three jobs. Hyung and mom worked one job and would return home early to take care of the house and cook dinner. They would plan the budget and sometimes make home remedies to help with my sore body after a long day of work.

But at least we were still happy in each other's presence. I had planned to use the money I'd saved to buy a big house for them. We'd live lakeside, with beautiful nature around us. I was the only one in my family who knew how to read and write. Mom knew a little bit, but when the vampires took over, she was forced to divert her attention from education and work to earn.

Hyung never learnt how to read or write. In the beginning, I didn't either, but my manager helped me learn. I would teach my hyung and mom, but we had very limited time together, and we wanted to make the best of it.

"Well, what should we do? We can't wipe out werewolves from Seoul. We tried kicking them out, but a few stayed to take us down. They're all hiding," Hoseok said, frustrated.

I zoned out, letting them discuss. Any of my suggestions would be disregarded anyway. I didn't see the point of being present if they weren't even going to listen to me.

-

I didn't realize when I had dozed off on Jimin's shoulder, but when I woke up, I was in my bed. I sat up, yawning as I stretched and cracked my sore bones. Looking out the window, I could tell it was dark. It was a new moon as well, so there was barely any light tonight.

I was oddly comfortable in my bed. Probably because I was too exhausted to fight sleep. My relaxation only lasted for a few seconds before my body tensed up and my senses perked up.

I was not alone.