38. Water

I huffed, as Jin helped up the last rock. After a few more minutes of walking on the path, we came to a path of pebbles and rocks which only grew in size as we walked further.

"Thanks," I breathed out. He smiled at me, softly.

He pulled me over to the edge, keeping a firm grip on my wrist as if he was ready to pull me back if I fell.

"Wow," I breathed out in awe. It was a small cliff, water at the bottom. I didn't know this was in Seoul.

"Yeah, it's really beautiful. I used to bring Yoongi here all the time when it was just the two of us. This was before... a certain event," Jin said. I had a strong temptation to jump into the water, just to swim. Though I didn't know how to swim, never got the opportunity to learn.

"I wanna jump," I muttered under my breath.

"You wanna what?!" Namjoon exclaimed, his face contorted into a panic.

"Jump. I want to swim," I clarified. He pursed his lips and nodded, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"Then jump. It's safe," Jin said.

"I don- I don't know how to swim," I said, rubbing the back of my neck, embarrassed of my lack of knowledge in most things in life.

"Don't worry, we'll help you swim," Hoseok said. "Do you want to go first, or do you want us to go first?"

Namjoon hit him in the back of his head. "We'll go together, idiot." Hoseok's mouth formed a slight pout as he rubbed the back of his head.

We took off our shirts, jeans, socks and shoes(Yes, they're in their underwear. No, none of them have bulges...yet) and hid them in a clean spot under a rock, to prevent them from being blown by the wind which seemed to be picking up its speed.

I felt shy under the stares I received as I did so. I covered the wound on my stomach, that I received from the fight with the werewolf, and looked down at my bare feet. It was more of a scar actually, almost healed.

"Don't be shy, bub," Hoseok whispered in my ear as he came up behind me, wrapped his arms around me. His chest flushed against my back as he moved my arm from my stomach. "You're beautiful."

I didn't feel violated. I felt safe, comforted. My cheeks flared up at the close proximity. I looked up from my feet to see Namjoon wrapping his arm around Jin's chest, kissing up his neck. Jin turned his head gave Namjoon a peck on his lips.

"You ready, lamb?" Jin asked, extending his hand. I took it. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"It's alright bun, we got you," Namjoon said, taking my other hand.

Then we jumped. I held my breath as my feet came in contact with the water. I didn't know how far I went, but I remember thrashing around, trying to get to the surface. 

I knew I couldn't hold my breath any longer, so my thrashing increased. Four hands grabbed me, two grabbed my waist from behind and two grabbed my wrists, pulling me up.

I gasped for air as I was pulled into an embrace, my legs instinctively wrapping around my savior's waist.

"Hush, baby. I got you," A soothing voice whispered into my ear while rubbing my back. I clung to Hoseok in fear. After a few minutes, I had calmed down. I moved back from him, mumbling a small 'sorry' as I unwrapped my legs from his waist.

"Don't worry lamb. It's not your fault," Namjoon said, swimming up to me. He held me from behind as Hoseok let go of me and swam his way to Jin, who dunked his head in the water, letting out a laugh that sounded like you were cleaning a window or a car's wiper blades.

"H-how do you swim?" I asked, Namjoon, as he gently swam us to Jin and Hoseok.

"Jin can teach you. He's a great teacher," Namjoon said, handing me over to Jin, wrapped one arm around my back and used the other to wrap my leg around his waist. I wrapped my other leg around his waist. He let go of my waist and moved his legs and arms underwater to keep us afloat.

"Okay, first you should learn how to float without moving your arms and legs," Jin started.

Fun fact about me: I have a phobia of deep water, writing this chapter was...all research and a bit nerve-wracking. I had to search up people's experiences with this kind of stuff. Sorry if it's not good.