30. Panic Attack

I laid in bed, another nightmare replaying in my brain. It had been two weeks since Yoongi told me the vampire history. After that, for the first two days, Jin and Taehyung pretty much avoided me. I could physically feel the bond grow stronger every day. I hated it, but at the same time I didn't, and that was not because of the bond.

It scared me.

^Taehyung's POV^

"Hey babe," I greeted Jimin as I took a seat on his lap while he worked. He looked up at me in amusement as I pushed up his glasses.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked, pecking my lips.

"I'm thirsty..." I trailed off. Vampire mate blood quenched your thirst, but only temporarily, the same case in a blood bag or a human. However, the blood of a human mate satisfied your thirst for about three weeks.

"Then go empty a blood bag," Jimin said, avoiding eye contact. I knew he knew what I was talking about.

"But I don't want a blood bag, you know that. We have fresh blood in the palace, we can make use of it," I pointed out.

"Taehyung..." he sighed.

"I know I know. But it's really frustrating. He's going to hate us when we turn him anyways, why does it matter?" I whined, getting up from his lap.

"We don't want him to fear us. Do you want your mate to fear you?" Jimin asked, removing his glasses and staring at me in astonishment.

"Well, it worked for you guys! Maybe it'll work for him too," I put my argument forth.

"Taehyung!" Jimin exclaimed, in shock.

"But am I wrong?" I argued back.

"Yes! You're not going to hurt him. End of discussion," Jimin said.

"I'm going to Hoseok," I said, slamming the door behind me as I made my way to Hoseok's office.

"Hoseok," I started, barging into his office. He looked up at me.

"What?" He asked, closing the file he was reading.

"Jimin won't let me drink some fresh blood," I said. Hoseok frowned.

"What's wrong with the blood bags?" He asked. Hoseok always validated both sides of the argument before making a judgement.

"You know I don't like drinking blood, now while Jungkook is still human, we can drink some of his blood," I said. "He's going to hate us when we turn him anyways, so what's the point?"

"Taehyung..." Hoseok started. I could sense what was coming.

"No! Hear me out! It worked with you guys, why wouldn't it work with him?" I asked.

"Because he's different. Tae, we all come from different backgrounds. You need to understand that. His mindset is different from ours," Hoseok said. "I know you don't like drinking blood, but you can't hurt Jungkook. He's still a kid."

"Fine," I mumbled.

"We can't have the past repeat itself, Tae," Hoseok blurted out, covering his mouth right after. I looked at him in shock, tears welling in my eyes.

"Tae I-" I didn't wait to hear the rest of his sentence and ran out. I couldn't go to the others, they were busy, but I knew it was best that I didn't stay alone right now. So I took the only option I had left and made my way to Jungkook's room.

I barged into his room, making him look up from his drawing in surprise. I locked the door behind me and quickly got under covers, moving closer to him and burying my face on the side of his hip. I moved my hand to hug his thigh.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. I moved my head to look at him.

"Y-yeah. Can I stay here?" I asked him. He analyzed my face for a second before nodding. He went back to drawing, not questioning my behavior.

There was a knock on the door. I quickly masked my scent. Vampires could mask their scents, but only for a while.

"Jungkook? Is Taehyung there with you?" Hoseok called out from the other side of the door. I looked up at him to see that he was already looking at me. I shook my head in response to his silent question.

"No, I haven't seen him since lunch," Jungkook responded. I buried my face in his leg once again as I heard Hoseok sigh before leaving.

"Thank you," I mumbled, earning a hum in response.

"I need to use the bathroom real quick," Jungkook said. I let go of his leg as he started to move off the bed.

I curled up into a ball once Jungkook closed the door behind him. My hands started shaking and my breath became shallow as memories flooded my brain. I let out a small whimper. "J-Jungkook," I stuttered out.

I heard the bathroom door open, followed by a gasp. Jungkook quickly pulled the covers back.

"Hey, I'm here okay? Focus on your breathing. Can you do that for me?" He asked, but his voice was faint.

"N-no... It's too hard," I said. My panic only increased at my inability to breathe. Was this what a panic attack felt like? Was this what Jimin and I put Jungkook through on the first night he came here?

"Okay... Can you tell me three things you're touching now?" He asked, placing his hands on mine to stop me from scratching myself.

"Y-your hands, the bed and the pillow," I said, my eyes closed.

"Good job. Can you tell me how my room is decorated?" He asked.

"Y- your bed is in the center of the wall, to the right of the door. The window is across the door, and the bathroom is to the left of the window," I didn't realize that my breath was back to normal.

"You okay?" Jungkook asked. I opened my eyes and nodded.

"Thank you," I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"Do you want me to call someone?" He asked. I shook my head. I held him by the waist and pulled him close to me. He placed his hand on my waist as I pulled him to my chest, enjoying his warmth.

"Just stay here. You're enough," I said, closing my eyes as I pulled the blanket over us with the help of my foot and my hand.