49. Pheromones

^Jungkook's POV^

"When are we going back?" I asked Seokjin, laying between his legs as we watched a movie. It had been two weeks since we arrived at Pitcairn islands. The pain in my chest was better than the time I isolated myself from everyone, but it was there.

"Back where?" he asked.

"Seoul," I said.

"I don't know. When do you want to go back?" he asked.

"Honestly, I don't want to. I feel so much more relaxed here and happier. I don't want to go back to Seoul," I responded.

"I understand. Do you think we should move here?" he asked. "I mean, if we can pull a few strings, then I'm sure we can get another clan to take over for us, and we can move here."

"Just the two of us?" I asked, my ears perked up.

"We have five other mates, Kookie," he said.

"Well I don't like them," I said, huffing. I whimpered when pain erupted in my chest.

"I know," he said. "But there are consequences to staying away from mates. Moreover, Jin and I both love our mates, I doubt Jin would even allow us to stay away from them."

I stayed quiet, thinking it over. "Then let's go back soon," I said, quietly.

"Are you sure?" he asked, tightening his grip on me. I nodded.

"I don't want to get used to the life here just to go back to the place I hate," I said. "I don't want to get used to living in a happy bubble only for it to pop when Jin fronts again."

"Okay, I'll see if I can get tickets for tomorrow or the day after," he said, getting out of his position behind me as the credits rolled.

"Seokjin I-" he cut me off.

"It's fine Jungkook. You don't need to explain yourself. It's not your fault," he said, not looking at me as he left the room. I sighed, looking down at my fingers.

I was happy with Seokjin and I screwed it up. Why did I always screw things up?

-

^Narrator's POV^

"Our flight's in a few hours. We can't miss this one cause the next flight is in two weeks. Can you pack by then?" Seokjin asked, walking into the room.

Not getting a response, he looked up from his phone and at the sleeping bunny and broke into a smile. Jungkook looked peaceful while he slept, hugging Seokjin's pillow as if he was inhaling the hybrid's scent in his absence.

Jungkook was a pretty sleeper, which made Seokjin question if the bunny had any flaws. Seokjin walked over to his side of the bed and sat down. He slowly took the pillow out of Jungkook's grasp and replaced it with his leg.

When Seokjin told Jungkook about his pheromones, he may or may not have left a small truth out of it. Yes, his pheromones were released out of instinct, and yes they provided comfort and a sense of security. But he was able to control them. He was also able to sometimes control the effects of his pheromones. He could make someone aroused, or sleepy.

He accidentally let his pheromones go wild when he fronted in the beginning, and Jungkook was aroused. Seokjin could smell his arousal from a mile away. He could tell Jungkook didn't know that he was aroused, his innocence only made it harder for Seokjin to control as Jungkook's scent became alluring.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around Seokjin's legs, nuzzling his face in his thigh. Seokjin broke into a smile as he ran his hand through his mate's hair.

"I'm sorry Kookie," Seokjin whispered, seeing the wet spot on the pillow. He knew Jungkook was feeling regret for the way he answered Seokjin's questions. But it was not his fault.

Seokjin discarded his shirt, tracing the scars on his hips before slipping under covers and pulling Jungkook close to his body, releasing his pheromones.

"I hope things get better for you, Kookie," he whispered, kissing Jungkook's forehead before sleeping to Jungkook's steady heartbeat.