17. Protect

"So these are your mates, Jungkook?" Hyung sneered at them. I looked at him and mom in shock.

"H-hyung stop," I said, quietly. The last thing I wanted was for the vampires to get angry and lash out at my family.

Hyung looked at me, with softened eyes as he understood my intention. We were all sitting on the couch. He sighed.

"Are you taking care of him?" Mom asked them.

"Yes ma'am," Hoseok responded. Mom looked at me for confirmation, receiving a nod from me in response. She didn't need to know.

"Are you sticking to your word?" She asked Yoongi.

He bit his lower lip, looking conflicted. He could either lie to my mom or tell her the truth.

"Of course he didn't! Look at Kook's neck, you can see the marks! Why the hell should we trust him?" Hyung exclaimed. I gently pulled on his hoodie's sleeve, calming him down.

Mom ushered over to me and grabbed my jaw, tilting my head to get a better look at the bite marks scarring my neck.

"Oh, my poor baby! These must hurt!" She said, worriedly. She turned to look at Yoongi. "You said you would protect him! So why is he hurt?"

"Mrs Jeon, i-it's a long story. I-I didn't mean to-" Yoongi was cut off by my mother.

"Wait, you're telling me, that YOU also bit my son?" Mom yelled.

"M-mom, calm down. Please," I begged, holding her back as she took off her slipper.

"Ma'am, let's-" Jimin was cut off by a slipper flying to his face. He rubbed his forehead, looking dazed as the slipper fell to the ground. I pushed mom and hyung behind me as the others (except Yoongi) stood up and hissed at my family.

"No!" I yelled at the vampires. I pushed back my fear as I protected my family. They instantly recoiled and stared at me with an unreadable expression. "No." My voice was firm as if a mother was telling off her children.

Hoseok cleared his throat. "I think we've overstayed our welcome. We should get going. I'm sure Jungkook is tired after...everything. We can discuss some matters some other time," he said. The others nodded before looking at me.

"Let's go Jungkook," Taehyung said, glaring at me. I bit my lower lip. I started walking to them, but my mother pulled me back.

"He's not going anywhere. You clearly can't take care of him. I won't allow it," she sneered. Jin looked at me expectantly. I bit my lower lip, knowing what he meant. I turned to look at my mom.

"I'll be fine mom," I said, looking at her and hyung. "I don't want anything to happen to either of you." They looked reluctant but nodded.

As we headed out, Taehyung flung an arm around my shoulder and leaned down to whisper in my ear. "You're going to regret that little stunt you just pulled," he whispered in his deep voice, sending a shiver down my spine.

I would not regret protecting my family. I would never regret protecting the people I care about.

-

I was on edge. Taehyung practically indicated that they're going to do something to me. Hoseok even confirmed it when we entered the palace.

"Go to your room, Jungkook, while we discuss what to do with you," Hoseok said.

I had changed into my nightwear since it was getting dark. As I lay on my bed, Namjoon barged into my room without knocking.

"Follow me," he said, walking out. I hastily followed him up, jogging to keep up with his long strides. I followed him all the way to the basement where everyone was already waiting for us.

I looked around with worried eyes as we stood in front of the cell that separated me and my harasser with just a set of bars.

"So, we have provoked your right to choose what to do with him. Instead, we decide," Yoongi said, his face void of emotions as he glared at me.

It wasn't as if they gave me much of a right anyways. Didn't take a genius to know that they were going to kill him either way.

"And you watch," Jin finished. My eyes widened.

"N-no. I'm sorry, I won't do it again. I'm sorry," I said, tears welling in my eyes. I mentally cursed at myself for showing vulnerability. No wonder they kept exerting their ascendancy on me.

Hoseok strode over to me, making me take a few steps back in fear. He froze, looking at me with an unreadable expression. It was quiet was a while, the exception being the vampire in the cell who was trying to reach for me. Then he sighed.

"Fine. Go. We'll talk in the morning," Hoseok said. The others looked at him in confusion but kept quiet. I didn't need to be told twice as I ran back to my room.