48. Guilt

"Do you want me to sleep on the couch or in bed with you?" Seokjin asked.

"Uh... You can sleep on the bed, I'll take the couch," I said, grabbing a pillow and a blanket. I started heading out but Seokjin pushed me onto the bed before I could reach the door.

"We'll both sleep here. Neither of us is going to sleep on that couch. It's too short for both of us anyways," he said.

"O-okay," I said, getting under covers. Not going to lie, I was a bit nervous. Seokjin was... different from the vampires I've met. He gave me a different vibe altogether. I actually liked it, which was weird because it had never happened before.

"Cuddle?" He asked, a small pout on his face. My heart fluttered at the cute side. I definitely liked Seokjin over Jin.

"Uh... yeah sure?" I said though it came out as a question.

"If you're not comfortable, we don't have to do it. I'd rather have your consent than do anything that would only satisfy me," he said. Yup, I definitely liked him.

"N-no it's fine. I think I'd like to cuddle," I said, moving closer to him. He quickly got under covers, discarding his shirt in the process.

He pulled me closer, my back was flushed against his bare chest as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Goodnight Koo," he whispered in my ear, moving his hand up my shirt and resting it on my abs. He trailed circles on my abs, the scent from morning flooding the room.

"What's that smell?" I muttered, turning in his arms.

"What smell?" he asked.

"Like vanilla ice cream," I muttered. "But mixed with cinnamon."

"Oh yeah. Those would be my pheromones. Since I'm part-wolf, I tend to release pheromones when near my mates. It's an instinct. Provides comfort and sometimes helps sleep," he explained.

"Oh. I like it," I said, pressing myself further into him to get more of the scent. I let out a satisfied whimper as comfort flooded over me. "Goodnight."

-

^Yoongi's POV^

My leg shook anxiously. Jin said he'd call just before Seokjin came out, but he didn't...yet.

"Yoongi, what's wrong?" Namjoon asked, taking a sip of the blood.

"What? Oh, nothing. Why?" I asked.

"You seem anxious, and have been since Jin and Jungkook left," Hoseok responded.

"Oh no. I just... I miss them, that's all," I said. That, and the fact that I was incredibly worried about Jungkook.

"Oooh! I have an idea!" Jimin exclaimed, jumping in his seat. "What if we surprise them by visiting? Jin used to love those types of surprises, I'm sure he won't mind!"

My eyes widened. "W-we can't. We have a lot of work here. We can't just drop everything and leave. Might I add, we are practically halfway across the globe?!" I exclaimed. The last thing I needed was them getting hurt because of a little 'surprise.'

"Well we can ask GOT7 to take over like we always do," Hoseok said, shrugging. "I think it's time we take a break anyways."

There was a murmur of agreements and everyone looked at me. I knew that my word made the decision. Jin left me in charge of situation like that.

"I'm sorry, but we can't go. We have too much to do here. I know you guys are all tired and all, but it's just too much," I lied smoothly.

"Fine," they responded, looking dejected. A pang of guilt hit me as I observed their dejected expressions. But I had to do it if I wanted to keep them safe.

Without another word, I left the table, not letting them see the tear that rolled down my face as guilt and worry ate me up.