28. Sullen

"Did I do something?" Jungkook asked me as I sat down.

"No, don't worry. I wanted to talk to you about something else," I reassured, Jin's words ringing in my head. After the meeting, Jin pulled me to the side and told me:

"The primary reason I agreed to your idea is because it will strengthen our bond with Jungkook. He'll hate us less and soon enough, he'll learn to like us. Be careful," he warned, glaring at me.

I didn't know what overcame him, but he never acted so... malignant. I'd seen that side of his only once, and it had terrified me. It took me months before I could look Jin in the eye again. Back then, I was human. I didn't have much power to handle him then, but I did once I was turned to vampire.

I was worried that he might become like that around Jungkook.

"I just talked to the others, and we all think that it is a good idea. We want to tell you about our impersonal history. To be more precise, our clan history," I told him. His eyes widened in response and he started fidgeting in his place.

"Y-You don't have to tell me just because I'm your mate," he said. I held back a smile. He was going to change us, no doubt.

"We want to. So choose a place you'll be comfortable in, cause this is going to take time," I said. I let him ponder.

"Garden?" he suggested.

"Garden it is."

-

^Jin's POV^

I looked out the window, watching Yoongi and Jungkook walk into the garden. Jungkook had a small skip in his step, barely noticeable. Either he was eager to know our clan history, or he really liked the garden.

Yoongi had a sullen expression, caution in his step, his shoulders hunched. It was my fault, I knew it.

I sat on my chair in the office, opening a drawer. I sighed, staring at the container which consisted of my medicines.

"I hope you don't resurface," I mumbled, memories of my past self flooding my brain. The monster. That was what Yoongi called it when he saw me like that.

There was a reason I was one of the rulers of Seoul. Originally, I was supposed to be the only one. Then I met the others. Naturally, they joined the position. Yoongi was the only one who knew why we are the ones in charge. According to the others, I was already the one in charge of the Seoul district. That was why I was the one who initiated my revolution. Or, the monster side of me did.

I swallowed two pills, squeezing my eyes shut at the headache that erupted.

"You might want to turn your human mate as soon as possible," a voice in my head rang out.

"No... please. Not Jungkook," I begged, a burning pain erupting in my chest.

"Too late," the monster said.

I had to protect them. I couldn't let this happen again. I almost killed Yoongi last time. There was only one way I can stop him from coming out.

"I have to go on a trip."