93. Break-in

^Taehyung's POV^

I woke up around the time Namjoon joined the pile on Jungkook's bed. The rest joined a while later. Hoseok and Jin jumped on, who were trying to sleep. Namjoon told them off, of course. I hugged Jungkook tighter.

I was clingy around Jungkook. Two reasons: 1) He was a human, it was natural for us to be more protective of him. I was always intimate with my mates, and my urge to protect him from everything only added to that. 2) I could relate to Jungkook's experiences with werewolves to a certain extent. I felt safer and more comfortable with him than any of my other mates, so I spent more time with him.

^Jungkook's POV^

One minute we were in bed while cuddling, the next we were fighting off the four wolves that burst through the door. The first wolf broke the door, which made the three of us sit up in shock. The second wolf jumped on to the bed and didn't hesitate to pull Taehyung off the bed. The wolf was going for his head, but Taehyung luckily moved away in time. I pushed Yoongi off the bed, falling on top of him. I grabbed the dagger from the bedside table and lunged at the wolf on top of Taehyung, leaving Yoongi to deal with the first wolf.

I jumped on the wolf's back and pressed my knee in their spine and tightly locked my arms around his neck. Taehyung squirmed out from under the wolf and went for the other two werewolves who had entered the room while I dealt with the first one. The wolf shook me off and put a paw on my stomach. The pressure was enough to hold me down, but not enough to hurt me. His claws were poking at my stomach, and his face was close to mine, his teeth bared at me as if he was challenging me to fight back.

I glared at the wolf and raised my hand, hitting his temple with the butt of the dagger, instantly knocking him out. I got up and pushed a werewolf- in his human form- away from Yoongi. I punched him on his temple, knocking him out as well. Pain shot through my wrist, I knew I sprained it. I was pulled to a stop and into Yoongi's chest. We watched in horror as one of the werewolves held Taehyung to his torso, and another held Hoseok. Their claws were at their throats, ready to slash them.

"Let them go," Jin growled out, one hand outstretched in front of Yoongi and I.

"I think I'm going to keep them. You know, until you give up Seoul. You don't deserve to be in control," the one holding Taehyung snarked. Taehyung let out a small whimper when she kicked the back of his knees, causing him to fall on his knees.

Hoseok struggled to escape the werewolf's grip when they started mistreating Taehyung. "Let him go you mongrels," Hoseok yelled.

"Hoseok, stand down!" Jin ordered. Hoseok stopped, staring at Jin with confusion. I could see Jin become stiffer. The aura he gave off almost had me buckling at my knees, it was too strong. Yoongi tightened his grip on me when the werewolves started expressing wolfish features. "Let them go."

The werewolves visibly quivered in fear at the aura Jin was giving out, but stood firm and tightened their hold on our mates. "Would you like to come with us, hybrid?" The lady holding Taehyung snapped at Jin. Well wasn't she a bitch. How ironic. Yoongi's breath hitched at her words, and she noticed. She smirked deviously. "You think we wouldn't know about the hybrid? Such fools!"

"I'll go with you. Leave my mates alone," Jin growled out. He took a step forward as they pushed Taehyung and Hoseok towards us. Jin caught a stumbling Hoseok by his waist before gently passing him onto Namjoon. Taehyung fell on his hands as Jimin rushed to his aid.

"Jin," Yoongi called out. Jin looked at us with an unreadable expression. His eyes were red with a hint of green.

"Seokie," I whispered out.

"Stay home," Seokjin said, in a knowing tone.

"Okay," Yoongi agreed without any hesitation. Why would he agree? What if they hurt Jin, or worse, kill him?

"Oh! Before we leave... Let us bring forth the person who betrayed you," the bitch joked while a few other werewolves picked up those who were knocked out. They pushed a lady towards us. I caught her as she stumbled into me. Three werewolves grabbed Seokjin and forced him on his knees, holding him down as if he was going to be beheaded by the king or something.

"Marie?!" I exclaimed, looking at her in betrayal. She looked back at me with tearful eyes and I knew... She didn't have a choice but to betray us. Something had happened.

"You did good Marie. Your reward will reach you soon," the bitch mocked. "I'm sure you know what to do now."

Marie whispered a small charm and a mist surrounded the werewolves and Seokjin. When the smoke cleared out, Seokjin was no longer in front of us.

"S-Seokjin," Hoseok sobbed out as the tears gushed down his cheeks. Yoongi removed his hold from me, letting my knees buckle from the aura Seokjin gave off. I tried to catch my breath, fisting the matted carpet to ground myself. Namjoon held Hoseok close to himself as the latter cried in pain for our oldest mate. I looked to my left to see Jimin tried to console a blank Taehyung. Yoongi crouched down beside Taehyung as I crawled my way towards him.

"T-Tae," I stuttered, my own tears soaking my cheeks. I held his hand, snapping him out of his state. He desperately held on to Jimin. I looked at Yoongi and I could tell he was trying to hold back his emotions. I tugged at his sleeve, making him look at me.

He cupped my cheeks. "We're going to get Seokjin back, okay?" he said.

"Don't hold back. Please don't hold back," I said. He pulled me onto his lap, making me straddle him. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and let his tears soak my shirt.

Seokie, Jinnie, we're sorry we couldn't protect you.