3. Trauma

I woke up on the couch with a massive headache and a blanket laid on top of me. The memories flashed before my eyes, tears welling up in my eyes. I got up and ran to the shower. I didn't care if I had my clothes on, I just wanted to get the disgusting feeling off me. But regardless of how hard I scrubbed, regardless of the fact that I was bleeding from scratching my body, I could not wash the feeling away.

I had discarded my clothes by now. I fell to the floor, my tears mixing with the water. I didn't know how crying in the shower made people feel as if they weren't crying. You could differentiate the heat of your tears from the heat of the shower.

"Please don't. I'm sorry, I won't do it again, sir." I whispered, my eyes squeezed shut. I could still feel his hands roaming my body, his lips kissing my sensitive skin, his teeth nibbling on my wet salty cheeks.

"P-please don't t-touch me," I whispered, hugging my body for comfort.

-

I sat on the chair which was beside Hyung's bed. I held his hand, providing him comfort, as well as seeking his comfort.

"H-Hyung, I'm s-sorry I failed you. I couldn't fight back," I whispered, my face void of emotion. I sighed when I didn't receive a response. It was nothing new, he needed the rest. His fever was only getting worse. He only woke up when it was time to eat. My mother entered the room and placed a hand on my shoulder. I flinched at the sudden contact, relaxing when I realized it was her.

"He'll be fine, honey. He's going to be just fine," she assured. It sounded like she was trying to convince herself, but I didn't comment.

We were running low on money and food. I worked three jobs to keep the food on the table and to save money for dire circumstances, while my mother worked one job to keep a roof over our head. I knew she felt guilty about not being able to contribute more, but she was too old to work anyways. We couldn't risk her getting sick too.

"I hope so," I replied, getting up so she could sit. I gave her a small kiss on the top of her head.

"I'll be home soon," I promised. She didn't work on the weekends, but I did. I worked two jobs on the weekends and three on the weekdays.

"Be careful honey, I love you." She said.

I forced a smile to reassure her. "I will be extra careful this time. Love you," with that, I left for work.

^?'s POV^

"Sir, please stop. You'll end up killing him," one of my guards said. I punched the unconscious bloody man in the face once more before letting him go, my knuckles healing instantly.

I turned to the guard. "Who are you to tell me what to do? Remember your place," I said, furious.

"T-they're orders from y-your mate, sir. H-he told me to tell you to s-stop just before you k-kill that m-man," he stuttered out. I smirked at his obvious fear of me. I wiped the blood off my face.

"Take him to the cell," I ordered. Two of the guards stepped forth and picked up the unconscious body and ran off.

"Which mate?" I asked the guard. he visibly gulped.

"K-Kim Taehyung, sir." He responded, afraid of my next move.

"Hm... Clean up this blood, all of you. I'm going back," without another word, I used my enhanced speed all the way to Taehyung's room. I entered without knocking, startling him in the process.

"Jesus Christ hyung! You scared me! Can you knock next time?" He asked, rhetorically.

"Since when have you become so soft, mate?" I asked, menacingly. He gulped in nervousness. He knew he was in trouble.

"W-what do you mean? Why would I become soft?" He asked as I backed him into the wall.

"That's my question to you, cub," I said before placing my lips on his neck. "I heard you told the guard to tell me to spare that criminal? Why is that, cub?"

I held him by the waist with one hand, while the other gripped the back of his neck as I littered kitten licks along his neck and exposed collarbone. He moaned, grabbing my biceps to hold him up.

"I-I don't want to- ah... want to spare h-him. I w-want to torture h-him," he breathed out.

I pulled away, making him whine. I smirked at my mate, admiring his sexually frustrated state as I spoke, "There's the Taehyung I know." I held his hand guiding him to the cell where they kept the criminal.

He was coming to consciousness when we reached his cell. Seeing the two of us on the other side of the cell, he realized where he was. Out of anger, he ran to the cell bars, growling and trying to reach us. I grabbed Taehyung by his waist and pulled him back before the criminal did anything.

"Let me out! I haven't done anything wrong!" He yelled. It was obvious that he was angry cause his ego was hurt.

"Oh, but you did. Open the doors and chain him up," Taehyung ordered. While the guards followed his orders, he turned to me. "I got it from here. You can go check on Jin."

I pecked his lips, pulling him closer to my body. "I want to watch," I said.

"Whatever floats your boat Namjoon," with that, he entered the cell.

"What could I have possibly done to be thrown in a cell?" He demanded. I growled at the disrespect he showed my mate.

"Well, you did sexually harass our mate!" Taehyung yelled. I could sense the anger radiating from him, and I'm pretty sure the criminal could.

"W-when did I-" he cut himself off when he realized who we were talking about. "That kid is your mate? He's fucking human. He shouldn't have bumped into me!"

"Does it matter what he did? The point is, you touched what belongs to us. Now you have to face the consequences," Taehyung said, twirling the knife that I got him for his 100th birthday.

He punched the criminal with the handle of the knife. The criminal laughed the pain off, trying his best to keep his ego up. The rest of the guys came down to watch our second-youngest mate torture the man who touched our human.

"He's got a good figure, you know? Thin waist, thick thighs. His stomach's a bit too fat though, probably cause he's human." That earned another punch, but the fucker kept going. "Oh, his dick ain't that bad either. I remember him moaning to my touch, so melodi-" another punch.

"Why're you making your situation worse, criminal?" I asked, rhetorically, disgust laced in my voice.

He looked at me and smirked. "I wanted to fuck him so bad. I was ready to make him my little slave even. Too bad the kid's got guts," he taunted us.

"Very well then. We've heard enough to make a decision for you," Taehyung said, his face was blank and his eyes were murderous.

(Jungkook's emotions are so raw, it physically hurts to know that there are people who have gone through this. If you want to talk, my DMs are open, you are not alone. Have a great day.)