61. Headache

"Jungkook?" A knock on the door woke me up. I lifted my head from between my legs and my chest and looked around. I was still on the ground and against the door. My nose was blocked and I was breathing through my mouth, causing it to smell from the dryness.

"Com-" I stopped myself as my voice came out like a broken squeak. I cleared my throat and spoke up again. "Coming." I stood up, straightened my clothes out and opened the door to reveal Hoseok.

"You cried?" was the first thing he asked when he saw my face.

"Yeah," I answered, opening the door for him to enter as I headed tot he bathroom, leaving the bathroom door open so he knew he could talk to me. I washed my face and brushed my teeth for the second time today.

He leaned against the bathroom's door, watching me. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, his voice was soft and comforting.

"No," I said, my mouth filled with toothpaste. "Did you need something?"

"Uh... yeah. I wanted to talk to you about this morning. Also... you skipped breakfast and lunch, so it's dinner time," he said.

"I'll join you in a minute. You guys start without me. I'm not very hungry anyway," I mumbled incoherently, hoping he would understand what I was saying.

"Ok..." he trailed off. He observed me for a few moments as I did my best to drag out the process of brushing my teeth. Once he left, I spat out the toothpaste. I looked at my red swollen eyes in the mirror, disgust swallowing me as I looked at myself in the mirror. I hated it. I hated how I looked. So vulnerable, so weak. To top it off, I actually let someone see me like this.

I composed myself and made my way to the kitchen. Upon entrance, all eyes were on me. I bit the inside of my cheek and ushered over to the empty seat between Jackson and Jimin.

For a while, the only thing one could hear was the cluttering of the cutlery. Then Yoongi spoke up.

"We wanted to talk to you about this morning," he said. I stopped eating, setting down the cutlery.

"Do we have to?" I asked.

"Yes we do," Namjoon said, his voice stern.

"Okay, so what do you want to know?" I asked, slumping in defeat. Jimin reached over and gently pressed my mid-back, making me sit straight.

"Do you regret last night?" Jin blurted out, his face blank, but his eyes showed fear and desperation.

I looked at him. "No, I don't. What makes you think that I do?" I asked.

"Well, you clearly don't like us. So I thought..." he trailed off.

"No, I don't. I just think that I need time to be able to isolate my feelings, and what the bind is making me feel," I said, truthfully. I wasn't going to lie. "What happened last night, I know those were my feelings. I don't know how I know, I just do." Jin nodded, satisfied with my response.

"Jungkook, I'm not going to lie," Hoseok started. "We still don't trust you to not run away, and we underst- accept that you don't trust us either. However, there's more than one reason why we are making you sleep in the same room as us; protection. There have been way too many break-ins, and you have gotten injured multiple times staying in that room. It's the closest to the palace walls, which is pretty stupid of us to have allotted it to you."

"We respect your privacy and space," Namjoon said. My mind instantly went back to that morning, when everyone seemed to only manhandle me, but I pushed it away. "However, you sharing a room with at least one of us is a must. Now we would prefer you to sleep in Jimin and Taehyung's room, not only because it is the biggest room after the nest room, you'll have double the protection with Jimin and Taehyung. But it's your choice: who would you prefer to share a room with?"

"May I just say..." Jackson started, gaining all of our attention. "Maybe putting Jungkook on the spot like that isn't exactly the way you should go. The poor boy's ears are turning red from all the stress and attention. Give him time to think about it, I doubt he's comfortable voicing it out right now with everyone just staring at him expectantly."

I sent him a small smile as a way of saying 'thank you', receiving a nod of acknowledgement from him.

"Okay, take your time. You have three hours," Namjoon said. His use of antithesis only made me feel more pressurized. I wasn't comfortable with anybody. Maybe Seokjin and Jin, but I wasn't sure to what extent I was actually comfortable with them.

I put my head in my hands, a headache forming from all the crying and the stress. Jackson reached over and pat my back. I heard growls coming from the rest of the tables. Jackson instantly retracted his hand and I lifted my head.

I slumped back into my seat, letting out a deep sigh. "I give up. I can't choose," I said, giving up as my headache only increased. I muttered a small 'thank you' as the maid took my plate. Jimin pulled out my chair, pulling me onto his lap. I leaned back into him, closing my eyes as my head fell back onto his shoulder.

"I guess Jimin and Taehyung it is," Namjoon said, receiving incoherent mumbles of disagreement from me.