94. Fault

"YOU! IT WAS YOUR FAULT!" Taehyung yelled. I stood in front of him, gently pushing every time he or the others tried to enter my room to get to Marie.

"Taehyung, calm down. Let her explain," I said. My voice was calm in contrast to his.

"NO! I'm going to kill her!" Taehyung yelled, pushing against my hands. Not wanting to end up hurting me, he didn't use any force to get past me.

"Taehyung!" I snapped at him. "It's not her fault... not all the way! Let her explain, then you can kill her."

He glared at me, but I didn't waver and kept my stern gaze on his. He sighed. "Fine," he agreed. I let out a breath of relief when he showed no sign of ripping Marie's throat out. I let them in, yelping when Namjoon picked me up by my waist and made me wrap my legs around his waist. It had been three hours since Seokjin was taken, and the guys had not let me out of their sight for even a second. I tried going to the bathroom, but Namjoon wouldn't let me go. As a result, I had been holding back.

Once Namjoon sat down, I turned around in his hold to press my back against his torso. "Marie," I called out. She looked up at us. "You might want to explain before something happens."

She understood what I meant, and opened her mouth to explain. "I found my mate," she started. "It was a few days after you left Paris. I met her on a trip to the Council. She's a vampire too. Well, somehow the Council came to know. I think there was a snitch. The werewolves came to know of my relationship with Taehyung, and they kidnapped Miyoung, my mate. T-they threatened to kill her if I didn't teleport them into the castle. I didn't want to, but s-she was in danger. T-they sent a video, b-beating her up. I'm sorry. I can't watch my mate get hurt. I'm so sorry."

Taehyung got up from the bed and started walking over to Marie. Thinking of the worst, I tried squirming out of Namjoon's hold, only for him to stop me by tightening his grip on me. "Namjoon. Let go," I huffed out as I tried to escape.

He pulled me in closer and leaned to whisper in my ear. "Don't worry bun," he whispered. I watched as Taehyung pulled Marie into a hug. The scene made me relax in Namjoon's hold.

"I don't want to break this sentimental moment," I whispered to Namjoon. "You tightening your hold on me kind of increased my urge to pee."

-

^Seokjin's POV^

Another punch. Another kiss with the ground. I coughed out my blood, groaning when they slashed my stomach again. Myda, a female werewolf, crouched down to my level.

"Your healing is slowing down, bloodsucker," she provoked me. She poked at my stomach. The pain caused me to move back out of reflex. "I wonder how long it would take until your blood deprived to the point that you can't differentiate between your own mates."

"Fuck you," I wheezed out, coughing up more blood. My hands were bound behind my back and chained to the wall. Whenever they would come in, they would force me to sit on my knees. I knew what their plan was. They wanted the seven of us to die, but they didn't want to get their hands dirty. So they would derive me of blood, send me back home and hope I drink Jungkook's blood until he's dead. Naturally, the rest of us would also die.

Little did they know, I had a plan of my own. It did involve being blood deprived, but not to the extent that I would end up killing my mates when I returned. "Hm... I think we can wait four days before sending him back," Myda said. I growled at her and kicked her knee, making it pop backwards. I felt a sense of pride until one of her backup goons stabbed my leg. Fuck, that hurt.

I chuckled darkly. "You know what's amusing?" I mocked. "The fact that you need five werewolves for one chained up vampire. Is that your way of admitting that vampires are stronger?"

A kick to the jaw. Yeah, I practically asked for that kick. "You're a mere vampire, weak without his mates," her backup goon tried provoking me.

"Trying to derogate me... Sure, that's going to hide the truth," I snarked, a chuckle escape my lips when I saw his shocked expression. He lifted his foot and kicked me on the temple, knocking me out instantly.