4. Let Me Go!

I finished cleaning the last of the dishes when my boss entered the kitchen.

"Jungkook, can I have a word with you?" He asked. I nodded, washing my hands with soap and drying them before following my boss to his office.

I sat across his table, avoiding eye contact. "A-am I in trouble?" I asked, nervous.

"No, I called you here for something else. It goes along the lines of increasing your salary," my head was quick to face him with wide eyes.

"W-why? I mean, is there any particular reason?" I asked, confused.

"You've been working really hard. Also since you were hired, there has been a significant amount of increase in customers. I'll give you your salary tomorrow. You should go home now," He instructed. I nodded, bowing before leaving the store.

-

"Mom! I got great news!" I yelled like a child as I made my way to the kitchen. Mom was cutting vegetables for Hyung's soup.

"What is it, Jungkook?" She asked, glancing at me before proceeding with the cooking.

"I got a raise! We can finally get some healthier food on the table!" I exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear.

She stopped cutting the vegetables and turned to look at me. Tears welled up in her eyes as she smiled. "Good job honey!" She congratulated.

I pulled her into a hug. "Don't cry mum, we're going to be alright. I promise," I said, kissing the top of her head. She instantly hugged me back, crying into my chest.

I had to be okay. For my family. I needed to take care of them. I couldn't cry or I would end up worrying mum. I had to move past that night. I couldn't think about things like that when I had a family to take care of.

"We're going to be alright," she mumbled into my shirt.

-

"Hyung, how are you feeling?" I asked, walking into his room. He looked at me and smiled weakly before drinking a spoonful of soup.

"I'm doing much better than before, bud. Thanks for the medicines," he said, smiling brightly. He did look much better than he did yesterday, so that's a good thing. "Heard you got a raise. Which job?"

"The restaurant," I responded, smiling at him. Fake a smile for a while, cry alone later.

"Mum told me what happened Jungkook, don't fake a smile," Hyung said, looking at me with worry.

"I'm fine. It's forgotten. Anyways, I have work in an hour, so I should head out." I said, walking to the door.

"Jungkook!" My brother yelled, his voice cracking.

I turned around to look at him. "Don't use your energy, you need that for recovering. Then you can yell at me all you want," I advised.

"Junghyun! Don't yell!" Mum exclaimed, rushing into the room.

Hyung was about to speak, but was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Mum rushed to open the door while hyung and I exchanged looks. We didn't know anyone outside the family, a visitor was most unlikely to be expected.

"Who are you? What are you doing?!" We heard mum yell from the front door. My eyes widened and I started to panic. Just as I was about to go confront the people at the door, four men barged in, startling me. I backed up to my brother's side. They were dressed in full body armor as if they were going to war.

"Which one of you is Jeon Jungkook?" One of them asked. I hesitantly raised my hand in response. The guy nodded at two of the other guards. They approached me and grabbed me by my arms.

"Hey! Let him go!" Hyung yelled trying to get up and get to me, but he was too weak. Mum appeared at the door, she screamed in shock. She tried to get to me, but another guard held her back.

I struggled in the grasps of the two guards. "Let me go! Who are you?!" I yelled.

"We're here on the orders of the six rulers. We are instructed to take your son to the palace immediately," one of them said.

"What? Why?!" My mother yelled in panic.

"We are simply told to bring him to them. If you try to intervene, we have orders to terminate you and your son," he said. My eyes widened. My mother and hyung froze in place.

"M-mum, h-hyung. I-I'll be fine. I promise. I'll be back," I said, crying in fear. I was definitely going to die at the hands of the kings. What if the vampire from the other night was one of the rulers?

"J-Jungkook, sweetie..." mum trailed off, looking at me with worry and fear.

"I-I love you both. I promise I'll come back. I have saved enough money to last you guys a year. Mum, take my paycheck from the restaurant tomorrow. I love you both so much," I cried out as they started pulling me out of the room.

I didn't get to hear their response because by the time they responded, I was thrown over a shoulder and a strong gush of wind and dizziness hit me until the vampire stopped running. I noticed- even in my dizzy state- that the vampire was standing on a red carpet.

We were at the palace.

(Please don't pretend like it doesn't affect you. Talk it out. DM me if you wish to.)