25. Nightmare

My eyes shot open, and I let out a whimper. My breath was heavy and I was sweating. I was curled up in a ball. I sat up, quickly switching the bedside lamp on, frantically looking around the room for the threat.

I let my mind process the fact that it was only a nightmare, before getting up from my bed. My nightmares had increased as if indicating something bad was going to happen. It had been three days since I went on a date with the others.

To be honest, it went better than I thought it would, minus the fight that broke out.

Flashback

I was eating the sandwich that I had saved for later while watching the fireworks. That was what they brought me to watch. It was beautiful honestly. It was dark, the fairy lights on the trees were switched off while the fireworks were shot into the air. It was really fascinating.

It wasn't long after the show that we started packing up. I bent down to pick up the basket while the others wore their shoes when someone whistled. Thinking it was for someone else, I ignored them, helping Taehyung up. Taehyung glared at the people behind us.

"Can we borrow him for the night?" One of them asked, approaching us. I turned around to make eye contact with one of them. I stumbled back into Hoseok as one of the three guys reached out to me. "We'll return him tomorrow for sure."

My hand inched towards the dagger that was safely tucked in my hoodie.

"Sorry, he's not for sale," Taehyung said, stepping in front of me to block their view. I let out a breath. At least they weren't resorting to violence at first hand. Although that's what my hyung would have done, and so would I. I didn't condone violence unless absolutely needed.

"Oh come on, don't be so protective. Is he your mate or something?" The one in the middle asked, snickering. I frowned. Did they not know who they were talking to? Weren't these guys like the rulers of all vampires or something like that?

"He is," Taehyung said, bluntly.

"Oh damn. All seven? His hole must be loose if he took all of you!" The one on the left said.

"I assure you, it's nothing of that sort. And it's none of your business either," Hoseok said, his demeanour turning deadly.

"Tough crowd," the guy in the middle mumbled. He peered over Taehyung's shoulder and smirked at me. "You got a number?"

Taehyung struck first, landing a punch on the guy in the middle's face. Hoseok and Namjoon joined, taking on the other two. My eyes widened as Yoongi pulled me back.

"S-stop them," I said, looking at Jin, who was watching the scene with a smirk. Other people had started looking our way. Jin's expression changed when he looked at me. He pursed his lips, before reluctantly calling them back.

"Stop. Now's not the time," was all Jin said as he walked away. Yoongi gently pulled me along behind Jin as Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon got of the three bleeding vampires.

Flashback end

I made my way to the bathroom. I had to change. I couldn't be weak and let the horrors of my life get to me. I had to change for my family. We would escape Seoul and would live a good life outside Seoul.

I stared at my tear-streaked face in the mirror. Disgusting. I furiously rubbed my eyes before washing my face.

I changed into some comfortable gym clothes, grabbed the dagger and left the room.

"Never again," I mumbled to myself as I made my way to the training room.

Little did I know, I was being followed.