Chapter 224: Undercurrent

Three days later, at Windows.

The new President, Rafe, stood in the conference room with a serious expression.

Satia had already been fired by the board of directors.

Moreover, the board of directors of Windows had already filed a lawsuit against Satia, asking him to take responsibility for the situation that Windows was currently facing.

The lawyer's opinion was that Satia would face about 400 years in prison.

At this moment, on the big screen in the conference room in front of Rafe was a functioning Windows interface.

"Mr President, the Doomsday Extortion Virus is very powerful. It can modify the system files of the Windows system, causing it to be unable to function normally."

"After the Doomsday Extortion Virus broke out, we thought of a solution..."

"If our operating system is solidified and uneditable, the Doomsday Extortion Virus won't be able to do anything to our operating system."

The engineer Susan spoke confidently.

She came up with this method after research. The proposal is to write the system directly into the Read-Only Memory.

This was because the data in ROM could not be changed.

This would prevent the Doomsday Extortion Virus from altering the system.

This way, it would form an immunity to the Doomsday Extortion Virus, rendering it harmless.

"Well done! Susan!" A smile appeared on Rafe's stony face, and he heaved a sigh of relief.

"As long as this problem is resolved, I'll promote you to be the Chief Technical Officer of Windows. You will become part of the company's senior management." Rafe hoped to inspire her to work harder by making such big promises to her.

In fact, he had felt insecure in his new position as the President of Windows.

This was because he knew that if he couldn't resolve the current crisis that Windows was facing, he might very well face the same fate as Satia.

The old folks on the board of directors would definitely send him to prison.

And now, what Susan had done had given him hope.

"President, although Windows can be run through ROM, there are a few very major issues." Susan frowned.

"The first issue is how to persuade users to buy ROMs to install on the computer! The price of a ROM is about 300 yuan." Users of the Divine Dragon System don't have to do anything. However, Windows users would have to buy a new ROM to install on the computer. This isn't cheap!

Rafe's brow furrowed on hearing Susan's words.

The users had to pay else the Divine Dragon System would be automatically deactivated.

Then, all the data would be deleted.

Most people had no choice but to pay.

After starting to use the Divine Dragon System, everyone was stunned by its functionality and ease of use.

A large number of comments appeared on the internet. The netizens of Sunset Empire had become supporters of the Divine Dragon System.

They were heaping praises on the Divine Dragon System while disparaging Windows, Apple, and Linux.

"Compared to the Divine Dragon System, Windows is a pile of shit!"

"Compared to the Divine Dragon System, Apple is like an ugly duckling."