Chapter 275: The Great Buckthorn Fruit

Under Li Chengqian's lead, Academician Lin Qu crossed the bridge and entered the automated farm area.

At a glance, green shrubs were planted neatly in rows on this land.

On the shrubs, yellow crystal-clear fruits the size of a plum gave off a ripe and sweet aroma.

When Academician Lin Qu smelled it, he couldn't help but swallow his saliva. Then, he carefully observed these bushes. The more he looked, the more confused he became.

Because he found that he didn't know what the plant that Li Chengqian planted was. It looked like a Buckthorn, and the fruit was very similar to a Buckthorn. However, the fruit of the Buckthorn was only the size of a pea. On the bushes here, the fruits were the size of a plum.

"Li Chengqian, what kind of crop is this? It looks like Buckthorn. Is it a Buckthorn fruit?" Academician Lin Qu asked.

In fact, the crop currently planted on the farm was Buckthorn!

However, this Buckthorn was not an ordinary Buckthorn. It was an enhanced version of the Buckthorn that Li Chengqian had nurtured using his Skill.

It grew at an expedited rate.

It could grow into a small bush that was half a meter tall in a month!

The fruit had a higher sugar content.

Buckthorn fruit was very sour. It was also called Vinegar Willow and Sour. Most people couldn't stand this taste at all.

After being nurtured by the targeted skill, the sugar content of the Buckthorn Fruit increased from 3% to 26%, and the acidity decreased from 30% to 5%.

The texture of the Buckthorn fruit had changed too, making it sweet and fragrant. Moreover, it had a unique hot and spicy taste of the desert. It tasted very special and refreshing.

In addition, the Buckthorn Fruits that had been cultivated by Li Chengqian had become even bigger.

The original Buckthorn fruit was the size of a pea.

After being nurtured by Li Chengqian many times, the Buckthorn fruits in this desert were the size of a plum. Each of them was bright yellow and their surfaces were crystal clear. One could see the translucent flesh and juice in the fruits.

A sweet fragrance wafted out of the fruits, making people salivate.

"Academician Lin Qu, in fact, I don't know what kind of plant this is. I named it Buckthorn because it looks like Buckthorn." Li Chengqian could only feign ignorance.

"What? This is a Buckthorn?" Academician Lin Qu had an incredulous look. Although he wasn't specialized in biology, he could recognize common plants.

What Li Chengqian planted was not a Buckthorn at all!

Although it looked similar to a Buckthorn, when he looked carefully, he found that the leaves, fruit, and tree were very different from a Buckthorn.

"Academician Lin Qu, I don't really understand!" Li Chengqian continued calmly.

"I found this plant by accident in this desert. Later on, I planted it and realized that it grew especially fast. With a little water, it can grow to half a meter tall in a month! The fruits are big and sweet. They're especially delicious!"

Li Chengqian plucked two fruits and handed one to Academician Lin Qu. He wiped one casually and took a bite.

Instantly, an amazingly sweet taste mixed with a hot and spicy sensation exploded in his mouth. Li Chengqian had a blissful look on his face.