Chapter 246: Press Conference

Eight o'clock in the evening, in the conference room of the Wanhaoda Hotel.

All the authoritative media outlets of the Divine Dragon Country were present.

All the famous internet media and tech media had also set up their cameras and equipment, facing the rostrum.

At the back of the rostrum was a screen. A line of words was now displayed on the screen.

"National Chip Company Lithography Machine Procurement Contract Signing Press Conference!"

As the press conference wouldn't start until 8:30 pm, many reporters started chatting after they had installed their equipment.

"The day before yesterday, Li Chengqian posted the news of the successful development of the lithography machine online. Today, the National Chip Company is signing a contract with the Divine Dragon Software Company. The country's support for the Divine Dragon Software Company is really amazing."

"What are you talking about? Could it not be that the lithography machine produced by the Divine Dragon Software Company is very good?"

"Tsk, the Divine Dragon Software Company is a software company. It doesn't sound reliable for them to produce lithography machines. I think the National Chip Company will definitely not order a lot of lithography machines from them this time. This is just a gesture of support only."

"I heard that the procurement team of the National Chip Company is still in ASML! They haven't returned yet. And yet they suddenly announced the successful development of the lithography machine and that the machine could be mass-produced. They have also arranged this contract signing press conference. Think carefully and you will understand."

There were also people who thought about the news that Huang Jun and the others were still in ASML and had yet to return.

They immediately had a different conclusion.

"Oh..." Many people looked thoughtful when they heard this news.

The purpose of holding a press conference now was clearly to make ASML feel pressured.

This was a way for the National Chip Company to bargain for a lower price.

Just as everyone was chatting, the formally dressed Wang Yizhi and Li Chengqian walked to the rostrum with smiles on their faces.

The two contracts were placed in front of Li Chengqian and Wang Yizhi.

The two of them quickly signed and exchanged the documents.

"President Li, thank you! Thank you for your support!" Wang Yizhi shook hands with Li Chengqian excitedly.

"President Wang, you're too polite. I'm the one who should thank you for your support." Li Chengqian was a little embarrassed by Wang Yizhi. After deducting the production cost, he could still earn about 150 million yuan for every lithography machine. He had earned 7 billion yuan for 47 lithography machines.

When the reporters below the stage heard Wang Yizhi's words, they were a little stunned.

Logically speaking, it should be Li Chengqian thanking the National Chip Company for their support. Why was Wang Yizhi thanking Li Chengqian instead?

This didn't make sense at all.

The contract signing ceremony was a show, a show put up specially for ASML.

The National Chip Company wanted to use contract signing to pressure ASML.

This would allow procurement work at ASML to proceed smoothly.