CHAPTER 12

Lai De Si did not expect Mu Tian Heng’s first response was “no”.

Mu Tian Heng refused?!

Not to mention this was to help a troubled child, he was also Mu Tian Heng’s benefactor. No matter what he should not have refused.

Moreover, the kid was so cute, it’s like eye candy having him in the house.

Lai De Si strongly opposed Mu Tian Heng’s refusal: “Why not? If we let him rent a place outside, what if he’s found and beat up?! A lifesaving debt should be repaid with a fountain of water*. This saying…. did I use it right?”

TN: the proverb used here should be 滴水之恩当涌泉相报. Literally, it means receiving a drop of water out of kindness and repaying it with a spring. 

It’s too bad no one was paying attention to Lai De Si’s proverb usage.

Mo Di puckered his lower lips. He also did not expect Mu Tian Heng to say no even though he was not going to agree either.

It seemed he had underestimated Mu Tian Heng, or rather he did not really understand him.

For Mu Tian Heng, such a small favour might not mean much but after all, he did help. Alas, he could not count on this tiny ‘affection’ to make Mu Tian Heng  his future ‘shelter’.

He not only had to improve his own abilities and broaden his connections, but also needed to continue strengthening his ‘affection’ points with Mu Tian Heng.

It’s just, how should he do it? Does he really have to use the plan he had put down yesterday?

Mu Tian Heng did not know that his firm refusal had caused Lai De Si and Mo Di’s thoughts to derail.

The reason why he did not want Mo Di to live with him and Lai De Si was in fact, very simple – he did not want to have deeper and more intimate interactions with this little fellow.

Why was that? That’s because there’s already a ghost in his heart. 

The initial feelings could not be avoided but how it developed afterwards, at least he could have some control. Otherwise, he really was an old beast. 

In the span of time that they were lost in thoughts, the ambulance arrived.

Ten minutes later, they arrived at the hospital. Mu Tian Heng and Mo Di had a full body checkup.

There was no major problem with Mo Di’s injuries, just some bruising that had not completely healed. He only needed to rub some ointment and have a good rest. As for Mu Tian Heng, he suffered from the dislocation of the ankle and severe contusion of the soft tissue. This was also nothing serious. He had to take some medications and for the time being, refrain from physical activities. 

After the checkup, Mu Tian Heng did not stay in the hospital. He ordered the driver to take Mo Di to a residential area in the western suburb.

“I asked my subordinates to do a little research. The residential areas in the west suburb are quite good. There are a lot of places for rent and the standard is ok. The nearby transportation is also very convenient. You can choose a place there.” Mu Tian Heng said to Mo Di: “If there’s anything you need help with, you can give me a call. I will not refuse. Got it?”

“Got it. Thank you, brother.” Mo Dis eyes bent and he smiled obediently at Mu Tian Heng.

“Too stingy.” Lai De Si looked at Mu Tian Heng with indescribable eyes. “I thought you were going to buy him a house.”

“Really, please don’t. I don’t want it.” Mo Di refused decisively.

He did not want to use his hard-earned ‘gratitude’ to exchange for a house, which was meaningless to him. This was really out of line with his plan.