CHAPTER 78

Chapter 78

Editor & proofreader: KitKat

“You fool!”

Uncle Zhang kicked Zhu Chenglang who was kneeling on the ground: “What good are you if the young master was this easily harmed?!”

Zhu Chenglang dared not get up. He laid on the ground and continued to beg: “Sir, Sir, I didn’t mean to leave the young master alone. It’s Mo Di and Bai Wenwen. They are too cunning. The young master and I did not expect them to be this treacherous. And Bai Wenwen is just heartless, how could she…”

“Shut up!”

Ye Guosheng’s veins were popping out the moment he heard Bai Wenwen’s name. He smashed a cup at Zhu Chenglang: “Other than Bai Wenwen, who else knows about this?!!”

“Say it! Was there anyone else?” Uncle Zhang gave Zhu Chenglang another kick, “Give me a complete account of what happened. Do not leave anything out!”

“There were three more who saw what happened,” Zhu Chenglang knelt on the ground; A hatred for Uncle Zhang flashed through his eyes, “When I heard what happened, I immediately ran back. At that time, the young master was already… he was already attacked by Bai Wenwen. He was brought into the villa to get clothed by someone named Zhuang He. He was also the one who called the ambulance…”

“The other two are female members of the team, Sun Qiyu and Wang Shuiqing. They were there when the young master… when he was holding Bai Wenwen. They also witnessed her kicking him. I’m sure it was only three of them because I came as fast as I could afterward.”

“Think carefully, is there anything else you want to add?” Uncle Zhang saw Ye Guosheng’s sinking expression and continued to interrogate Zhu Chenglang.

“I … I can’t think of anything else. I don’t remember anyone … Wait. There’s one more thing,” Zhu Chenglang raised his head and looked at Ye Guosheng, “When I accompanied the young master to the ambulance, many people gathered around to look and Mo Di was there! He was in the very front!”

“I think there’s definitely something wrong with him! Sir, Uncle Zhang, this definitely has something to do with Mo Di!”

Advertisements

Uncle Zhang saw Zhu Chenglang’s determined expression and turned to Ye Guosheng: “Sir, about this, do you think we should do something about this Mo Di…”

“I won’t let those who harmed my son escape,” Ye Guosheng was turning grim. He stared coldly at Zhu Chenglang: “But for now, we should leave Mo Di aside.” 

Uncle Zhang: “Sir, you mean…”

“We cannot touch Mo Di at the moment. One, we don’t have evidence. Two, he has powerful backing.”

“Someone’s supporting him from behind?”

“If he did not have anyone, do you think the Mo family would sink to its current state?” Ye Guosheng sat back and looked at the two men in front of him: “The Mo family back then could have easily destroyed an unfilial son like him but now, look at them!”

Uncle Zhang was alarmed: “But Sir, wasn’t all the evidence against the Mo family discovered by the police?”

“Don’t you think that everything just went too well? The police got all the evidence they needed in one go. Not to mention how the scandal managed to spread on the internet almost instantly,” Ye Guosheng sneered: “Old Zhang, you can’t be that naive. How could you not see this?”

Uncle Zhang tensed up: “I… I’m not too familiar with this matter. Sir, you know I’m old and not too familiar with the internet.”

“Hmph…” Ye Gusheng snorted: “You’re not as old as me, are you?”