CHAPTER 100

Chapter 100

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

“Brother?”

Not hearing Mu Tian Heng’s reply, Mo Di asked again.

“Today… En, it’s an important day indeed.” Mu Tian Heng responded but he did not specify. “You’ll know tonight. Don’t you trust me?”

“Of course I trust you!” Mo Di did not hesitate at all when he said this. He smiled brightly, “Then I’ll wait for you at the east gate tonight.”

“Good.” Mu Tian Heng’s voice was low and gentle, “I’ll pick you up at six.”

“En!”

Mo Di was in a good mood after hanging up. He hummed a song and went for lunch.

Seeing Mo Di’s happy expression, Zhao Chun couldn’t help but ask, “Xiao Di, why are you so happy? Did you win the lottery?”

“It’s not the lottery, it’s something even better. You guys won’t be able to understand.” Mo Di continued to hum his song and left with his lunchbox.

“I suspect that Xiao Di has left us behind and started dating someone.”

…..

On the other end, Mu Tian Heng had switched off his phone and leaned back. He closed his eyes and rested against the leather chair. 

He pushed down the turbulent emotions that were looming over him.

Even if Mo Di doesn’t love him and is only using him, so what?

Since he had decided to reel him in for his plan then he had better be prepared to do it for a lifetime! Not a day, a minute, or even a second less!

He would not let him go nor would he push him away.

This secret, since Mo Di did not want him to know then he would feign ignorance but Mo Di had better never think of leaving him.

Once he had been provoked, he’d better stick to it till the end. He was no saint and wouldn’t let Mo Di leave him after knowing that he had been deceived. Never!

He would only bind him tighter.

The fist that was on the armrest clenched, then released. 

Frankly, he didn’t believe…

He didn’t believe that Mo Di doesn’t feel anything for him.

In the beginning, it could have all been an act but what about after that? When he blushed whenever they met, when his ears turned red with shyness after they had kissed, when he smiled sweetly and showed his little dimple as they chatted. And those times when he had taken the initiative to rush into his arms and call him brother coquettishly…

He refused to believe that it had all been an act!

Mu Tian Heng opened his eyes.

In them was a layer of emotion that Mu Tian Heng had never shown anyone.

He would ask Mo Di tonight, no, tomorrow…

Ask him whether he liked him now.

As long as Mo Di said yes, it would be enough.

As long as Mo Di said it, he would believe it.

If someone had told him half a year ago that he would fall for someone to the point of self-deception, he would probably dismiss it because it sounded implausible.

But now, he was willing to ‘be the one who steals the bell with his ears covered’.

(TN: This phrase refers to the proverb 掩耳盗铃 ‘to cover one’s ears while stealing a bell’. It means to deceive yourself and cover up things that you obviously cannot.)