CHAPTER 42

Chapter 42

With a common man’s mentality, it would be difficult for Mo Di to comprehend Qin Cheng Yi. But if he put himself in the shoe of a tyrannical authoritarian who had no three views, rationality, or any regard for the law but an overly obsessive love for his wife, then he could quite see the logic.

To Qin Cheng Yi, no one was more important than Mo Liu Gui, whether it was her family or his family, none was comparable to a strain of her hair.

Even if it was his father who mistreated Mo Liu Gui, he would still be merciless, not to mention a Mo San Zhi.

So when he found out that Mo San Zhi was planning to find someone to deal with Mo Di, he prepped and led Zhao Chun Cheng to him with both of them being none the wiser.

As long as Zhao Chun Cheng could mutilate or kill Mo Di, the deed was half done.

His next step would be to coerce Zhao Chun Cheng to turn the knife towards Mo San Zhi and destroy him the same way he did to Mo Di. And finally, pin everything on Zhao Chun Cheng and make Mo San Zhi a total victim.

With Mo San Zhi mutilated or disabled, there would be a wave of sympathy from the public. Furthermore, Mo Liu Gui could take advantage of this to gain some publicity and revitalize her waning public image.

That’s right. As long as he could eliminate those who harm Mo Liu Gui and even those who could have a negative impact on her image, whether that person was handicapped or dead, they were justified sacrifices.

Alas, he did not expect Mo Di to be this highly alert. He not only found Zhao Chun Cheng’s handiwork but also bought a camera and secured the shampoo bottle as evidence. Even their communication was traced. 

With the pieces of compelling evidence against him, Zhao Chun Cheng was done for. Mo San Zhi was not better off either, his reputation was in the mud. And Qin Cheng Yi’s plot to help Mo Liu Gui gain publicity was also down the drain. 

Her reputation would only get worse from here on out.

However, even with adequate proof that Qin Cheng Yi was pulling the strings, Mo Di did not intend to expose this yet.

Coercion was not the most fatal crime to pin on Qin Cheng Yi. His exposing this matter would only reveal his cards to the enemy, and to Qin Cheng Yi, this would only tickle him.

That’s fine. He was not in a hurry. Whether it’s the Mo family or Qin Cheng Yi, sooner or later he will send them their retribution one by one to their doorstep.

….

With the adequate evidence and Commissioner Wang’s supervision of the case, in less than three days, the panic-stricken Zhao Chun Cheng and Mo San Zhi had an ‘offline meeting’ for the first time at the police station.

When their eyes met, they both lost their composure and began cursing and shifting the blame, accusing the other as the true mastermind. 

No matter how they passed the buck, the police already had the evidence to close the case. According to the law, they were charged as complicit accomplices.

After the case was made, Mo San Zhi and Zhao Chun Cheng were temporarily detained in a detention house, awaiting their hearing.

The Mo family was once again in a mess. The second aunt was crying for them to get Mo San Zhi out but with all that happened before, they had either exhausted or offended their connections. And with their dwindling financials in these troubled times, no one was willing to risk for them.

“My son did not break the law at all! He’s not a criminal. And that animal is fine, isn’t he? What right do they have to take my son away?! What right do they have?!”