CHAPTER 108

Chapter 108

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

“An expert in this field?” Mo Di’s heart jumped but there was no change in his voice, “Uncle Song, this expert, is he someone famous?”

“That, I’m not too sure. The dean didn’t say. But this person only gives out guidelines, it’s the doctors in the First Hospital who will evaluate your psychological tests.”

“I see. I was not expecting a psych evaluation to be included in our school’s annual health checkup. Such a comprehensive test, the school is going to bleed quite a huge amount of money.” Mo Di said calmly, “Thank you, Uncle Song.”

“What’s there to thank? It’s just some casual talk.” Song Yu laughed, “The competition is coming to an end, are you done with the preparations? Don’t worry, I’m sure you can win the championship. I’ve played your game and even someone who had never played games before like me is addicted, I’m sure your game will continue to be loved by many.”

“Uncle Song played my game too?” There was an added excitement in Mo Di’s voice, “Do you want me to give you a back door with an invincibility mode?”

“I’m deeply touched but better not, there’ll be a loss of motivation. I’d rather you update more chapters for me to play.”

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

Mo Di and Song Yu chatted for a few more minutes before hanging up. After there was no noise coming from the phone, Mo Di’s face no longer had a calm expression. 

But before he could do anything else, his phone rang again.

This time, it was Mu Tian Heng.

Mo Di connected the call immediately, “Brother.”

“You don’t have to be scared or worried about this matter. I’ll look into it.”

Mu Tian Heng’s voice was calming and gentle. It had the power to appease Mo Di and with just that one sentence, the anxiety in his heart was partially diminished because he knew that this life was different, he was no longer alone.

“Ok.” Mo Di tried to smile.

“Good boy.” There was a sound of a door closing on Mu Tian Heng’s side. “Mo Er Qian could carry out his handiwork in the previous life because the Qin and Ye family were backing him. That was why he could do whatever he wanted to you but in this life, things are different. The Qin and Ye families have lost their standing. As long as he steps out of line, we’ll throw him straight in jail.”

“But he’s a highly sought-after genius, the higher-ups would try to protect him and even if he was sent to jail, he would be out in a couple of months.” Mo Di was especially unforgiving towards Mo Er Qian, he did not want his revenge against him to be just a period of jail time.

“Brother, I want him to have a taste of his own medicine.”

Mu Tian Heng paused momentarily before continuing, “That’s for sure. But at present, I haven’t come up with a way to deal with him so it’s best to put him in jail first.”

“I don’t want to overthink this but there’s always a way for them to strike. Qin Cheng Yi was only sentenced for three months and although the Qin family has been weakened, ‘a lean dead camel is still bigger than a horse’. With the Qins’ connections, they could probably get him out even earlier. When that time comes, he won’t let me off, and… He will try to get even with you as well.”

(TN: 瘦死的骆驼比马大 The proverb roughly means that although someone had lost their standing, they are still formidable)

Mu Tian Heng understood Mo Di’s conjectures. He said, “You mean… Qin Cheng Yi and Mo Er Qian will join hands.”